modid: Statistics::WilcoxonRankSum
DSLIP: adpOp
userid: INGRIF (Ingrid Falk)
chapterid: 6 (Data_Type_Utilities)
communities:

similar:

rationale:

This is an implementation of a non-parametric test, often referred
to in statistics textbooks as the Wilcoxon or Mann-Whitney rank sum
text. That's why i called it Statistics::WilcoxonRankSum.

I couldn't find a perl implementation of it on CPAN.

enteredby: INGRIF (Ingrid Falk)
enteredon: Tue Jan 15 13:14:21 2008 GMT

The resulting entry would be:

Statistics::
::WilcoxonRankSum adpOp Wilcoxon (aka Mann-Whitney) rank sum test INGRIF

Thanks for registering,

Search Discussions

  • Steffen Mueller at Jan 15, 2008 at 6:19 pm
    Hi Ingrid,

    Perl Authors Upload Server schrieb:

    modid: Statistics::WilcoxonRankSum
    DSLIP: adpOp
    userid: INGRIF (Ingrid Falk)
    chapterid: 6 (Data_Type_Utilities)
    communities:

    similar:

    rationale:

    This is an implementation of a non-parametric test, often referred
    to in statistics textbooks as the Wilcoxon or Mann-Whitney rank sum
    text. That's why i called it Statistics::WilcoxonRankSum.

    I couldn't find a perl implementation of it on CPAN.
    To me knowledge, there is none. Would you agree to using
    Statistics::Test::WolcoxonRankSum? Two reasons: In my opinion, adding
    the "Test" gives a slightly better idea what it's about. Second reason:
    There's precedence. I've been using Statistics::Test:: for other modules.

    What do you think?

    Best regards,
    Steffen
  • Ingrid Falk at Jan 15, 2008 at 8:12 pm
    "Ingrid" == Ingrid Falk writes:
    "Steffen" == Steffen Mueller <l2ot9pa02@sneakemail.com> writes:
    Steffen> Hi Ingrid, Perl Authors Upload Server schrieb:
    The following module was proposed for inclusion in the Module

    modid: Statistics::WilcoxonRankSum DSLIP: adpOp description:
    Wilcoxon (aka Mann-Whitney) rank sum test userid: INGRIF
    (Ingrid Falk) chapterid: 6 (Data_Type_Utilities) communities:

    similar:

    rationale:

    This is an implementation of a non-parametric test, often
    referred to in statistics textbooks as the Wilcoxon or
    Mann-Whitney rank sum text. That's why i called it
    Statistics::WilcoxonRankSum.

    I couldn't find a perl implementation of it on CPAN.
    Steffen> To me knowledge, there is none. Would you agree to using
    Steffen> Statistics::Test::WolcoxonRankSum? Two reasons: In my
    Steffen> opinion, adding the "Test" gives a slightly better idea
    Steffen> what it's about. Second reason: There's precedence. I've
    Steffen> been using Statistics::Test:: for other modules.

    Steffen> What do you think?

    Ingrid> I'm ok with that (Wilcoxon, not Wolcoxon), you're probably
    Ingrid> right wrt. clarity. But there are some other tests on CPAN
    Ingrid> (older ones) which don't follow this naming convention:

    Ingrid> Statistics::KruskalWallis, Statistics::ChiSquare,
    Ingrid> Statistics::TTest ...

    Ingrid> What about this precedence?

    Ingrid> Ingrid

    PS. So what should i do to change the namespace to
    Statistics::Test::WilcoxonRankSum?
  • Steffen Mueller at Jan 15, 2008 at 9:11 pm

    Ingrid Falk ingrid.falk-at-loria.fr |newsgroups5| schrieb:
    Ingrid> I'm ok with that (Wilcoxon, not Wolcoxon), you're probably
    Ingrid> right wrt. clarity. But there are some other tests on CPAN
    Ingrid> (older ones) which don't follow this naming convention:

    Ingrid> Statistics::KruskalWallis, Statistics::ChiSquare,
    Ingrid> Statistics::TTest ...

    Ingrid> What about this precedence?
    Sorry about the typo.

    Well, that precedence is just as valid and I was actually aware of two
    of those modules. Changing the namespace of an established module,
    however, isn't possible (and not desireable either). Perhaps I should
    have stuck to the "clarity" argument. :)
    Ingrid> Ingrid

    PS. So what should i do to change the namespace to
    Statistics::Test::WilcoxonRankSum?
    Unless one of the other PAUSE admins objects, I'll register it for you
    in a few days at the latest. You can safely upload to PAUSE using that
    namespace (or any other) at any time. The namespace registrations aren't
    tied to the right to upload any modules but make the module show up in
    the modules list and encourage getting advice.

    Cheers,
    Steffen

groupmodules @
categoriesperl