Modules

Yesterday I uploaded an new version, 0.2.1, of Date::Components. Something
is wrong. The latest version on CPAN has reverted to 0.0.2. This may be
due to this 0.2.1 release being produced with an updated version of '
versio.pm' I recently installed. I noticed that previous releases I
uploaded have a 'v' character preceding the version number in the uploaded
file, whereas it is now gone in the '0.2.1' version I just uploaded.

Regards,

David McAllister

Search Discussions

  • John Peacock at Jan 11, 2008 at 6:59 pm

    version of ' versio.pm <http://versio.pm>' I recently installed. I
    noticed that previous releases I uploaded have a 'v' character preceding
    the version number in the uploaded file, whereas it is now gone in the '
    0.2.1' version I just uploaded.
    What did the e-mail[s] that PAUSE sent back to you look like? The
    leading 'v' in the filename should have no bearing on whether it gets
    indexed (and it isn't strictly version.pm, but rather whatever packaging
    system you are using that chooses the filename).

    You can forward the file you tried to upload to me at jpeacock@cpan.org
    and I'll take a look at it...

    John
  • Brian d foy at Jan 11, 2008 at 9:41 pm

    In article
    <cbf8cb8c0801110855q3fe2180cueccb3f5a5cfe1548@mail.gmail.com>, David
    McAllister wrote:
    Modules

    Yesterday I uploaded an new version, 0.2.1, of Date::Components. Something
    is wrong. The latest version on CPAN has reverted to 0.0.2.
    Well, the latest version in CPAN is 0.2.1 when you look in your author
    directory.

    The problem is that the latest version wasn't indexed for some reason.
    Did you get an indexer failure report from PAUSE?

    I don't see anything different in your $VERSION line. You can try to
    reindex it and see if you get another failure:

    https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=reindex

    IF that doesn't solve it or tell you what the problem is, Andreas might
    have to help.

  • David McAllister at Jan 12, 2008 at 6:29 am
    PAUSE,

    Thanks for the tip. I will be attempting a reindex of these two files. If
    NOT successful I will get back to you.

    Date-Components-0.2.1.meta
    Date-Components-0.2.1.tar.gz

    Thanks,

    David McAllister

    Yesterday I uploaded an new version, 0.2.1, of Date::Components. Something
    is wrong. The latest version on CPAN has reverted to 0.0.2.
    Well, the latest version in CPAN is 0.2.1 when you look in your author
    directory.

    The problem is that the latest version wasn't indexed for some reason.
    Did you get an indexer failure report from PAUSE?

    I don't see anything different in your $VERSION line. You can try to
    reindex it and see if you get another failure:

    https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=reindex

    IF that doesn't solve it or tell you what the problem is, Andreas might
    have to help.

  • David McAllister at Feb 9, 2009 at 2:32 pm
    Hello John,

    Please excuse the delay. I am in the process of moving cross country and
    will not be able to get to this until next week.

    Regards,

    David McAllister

    Yesterday I uploaded an new version, 0.2.1, of Date::Components. Something
    is wrong. The latest version on CPAN has reverted to 0.0.2. This may be
    due to this 0.2.1 release being produced with an updated version of '
    versio.pm' I recently installed. I noticed that previous releases I
    uploaded have a 'v' character preceding the version number in the uploaded
    file, whereas it is now gone in the ' 0.2.1' version I just uploaded.

    Regards,

    David McAllister

groupmodules @
categoriesperl