All,

I'm currently finishing up documentation on what will be my first
publicly available Perl module, and I want to make sure that I'm
using an appropriate namespace.

The module, which I tentatively named P2P::Transmission, offers a
UNIX-socket based IPC interface to the Transmission BitTorrent client
(http://www.transmissionbt.com).

Lots of Perl interfaces to other software create a new root namespace
(i.e. Apache:: or Mysql::), but I don't want to use the
Transmission:: namespace because of the collision possibility with
theoretically possible modules such as Transmission::GearRatio. That
said, the module doesn't implement an IPC:: or Net:: transport, so I
decided to put this into P2P:: along with P2P::pDonkey (an eMule
server).

Does anyone think this is a particularly good or bad idea? Any
suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

--
Brandon Gilmore

Search Discussions

  • Adam Kennedy at Jan 9, 2008 at 2:15 pm
    Since it's to a standalone client application, and there is a precedent,
    I don't think P2P::Transmission would be unreasonable.

    The other likely candidate, since it's a network-based communications
    mechanism, would be Net::Transmission.

    Adam K

    Brandon Gilmore wrote:
[...]

groupmodules @
categoriesperl
postedJan 9, '08 at 3:45a
activeJan 9, '08 at 2:15p
websitecpan.org...

2 users in discussion

Brandon Gilmore: 1 post Adam Kennedy: 1 post