Hiya

Text::Markdown doesn't seem to be maintained at the moment, is it
possible that I can have a maint bit so that I can add tests to
Text::Markdown and then merge the codebases with Text::MutliMarkdown
(which I already have a maint bit for) at some later point?

I've contacted SRI by his email address on CPAN.org, and writing in
the open bug tickets for Text::Markdown.

As SRI is 'known dead', and none of his modules have been maintained
recently (last updated module was 29 May 2006) - do you think that
it's worth me posting to see if I can reach him on perlmonks?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Cheers
Tom

Search Discussions

  • Brian d foy at Jan 6, 2008 at 7:01 pm

    In article <D4C4E7F8-C1B1-4C0A-A51B-078F75CC1504@bobtfish.net>, Tomas
    Doran wrote:
    As SRI is 'known dead', and none of his modules have been maintained
    recently (last updated module was 29 May 2006) - do you think that
    it's worth me posting to see if I can reach him on perlmonks?
    It's always worth a try. Besides honestly trying everything you can to
    reach the author, it shows everyone else that you tried to reach the
    author :)

    If he doesn't get back to you in the next coupel of weeks, we can
    transfer the module to you. You don't have to wait to do the
    maintenance though :)

  • Tomas Doran at Jan 7, 2008 at 5:06 pm
    As SRI is 'known dead', and none of his modules have been maintained
    recently (last updated module was 29 May 2006) - do you think that
    it's worth me posting to see if I can reach him on perlmonks?
    It's always worth a try. Besides honestly trying everything you can to
    reach the author, it shows everyone else that you tried to reach the
    author :)
    http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=660869
    http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/markdown-discuss/2008-January/
    000936.html

    Cheers
    Tom

groupmodules @
categoriesperl
postedJan 5, '08 at 4:46p
activeJan 7, '08 at 5:06p
websitecpan.org...

2 users in discussion

Tomas Doran: 2 posts Brian d foy: 1 post