Grokbase Groups Perl modules May 2007
Hello,

I'd like to apply for co-maintainer status of the module PDF::Create. This
module was
created years ago by Fabien Tassin (FTASSIN), but he has disappeared and
does
no longer respond to emails. I've seen that other modules of the same author
did
find a co-maintainer in the meantime (e.g. data-compare).
I am still in the possession of a series of fixes for the module he sent
privately to me
in 2001, but these fixes never made it onto CPAN. I'd like to add those.
I've registered
my self as 'markus_b' on bitcard.

Regards Markus

--
Markus Baertschi Phone: ++41 (21) 807 1677
Bas du Rossé 16 Fax : ++41 (21) 807 1678

Search Discussions

  • Steffen Mueller at Jul 31, 2007 at 9:31 am
    Hello Markus,

    Markus Baertschi schrieb:
    I'd like to apply for co-maintainer status of the module PDF::Create.
    This module was created years ago by Fabien Tassin (FTASSIN), but he
    has disappeared and does no longer respond to emails. I've seen that
    other modules of the same author did find a co-maintainer in the
    meantime (e.g. data-compare). I am still in the possession of a
    series of fixes for the module he sent privately to me in 2001, but
    these fixes never made it onto CPAN. I'd like to add those. I've
    registered my self as 'markus_b' on bitcard.
    You wouldn't need a Bitcard but a PAUSE (pause.perl.org) account. I
    couldn't find yours with a quick search. Please register for the Perl
    Authors Upload SErver.

    Now, before we can give co-maintainership on behalf of an author, it's
    necessary that we understand how you tried to contact the original
    author. Usually, we request that people try to reach them by multiple
    means like searching the web for email addresses, using the RT request
    tracker (though that might be moot in this case) and posting to
    high-traffic sites which the author might frequent. Then wait an
    appropriate amount of time (author might be on holidays). Of course, you
    might have done this already and quite some time has passed since your
    original request. Any progress?

    Best regards,
    Steffen

    P.S.: When and if we go through the whole process of transferring the
    module, please make sure you comply with the license of the module and
    include mention of your changes in the documentation. See
    http://search.cpan.org/dist/PDF-Create/lib/PDF/Create.pm
  • Brian d foy at Jul 31, 2007 at 6:07 pm
    In article <46AF013A.3000806@sneakemail.com>, Steffen Mueller
    wrote:

    Now, before we can give co-maintainership on behalf of an author, it's
    necessary that we understand how you tried to contact the original
    author.
    Since PDF::Create was last updated in 1999, I'm pretty sure we can just
    transfer primary maintainership. :)

  • Steffen Mueller at Sep 3, 2007 at 2:04 pm
    Hi Markus,

    Markus Baertschi markus-at-markus.org |newsgroups5| wrote:
    it's been a while since we discussed my application for co-maintainer
    status of the PDF::Create module. Could you keep me informed about
    the status, especially if you expect me to provide something.

    There is another of Fabiens modules (Data::Compare) where David Cantrell
    has become co-maintainer. I'd like to maintain the module in the same spirit.

    In the meantime I've started to use my PAUSE account and think that
    I have grasped the basic mechanics.
    I have made you co-maintainer for PDF::Create and the related
    sub-namespaces. You can now upload updated versions of the distribution.

    Please let me know if you experience any problems.

    Best regards,
    Steffen

groupmodules @
categoriesperl