modid: Time::Clock
DSLIP: bdpOp
userid: JSIRACUSA (John Siracusa)
chapterid: 6 (Data_Type_Utilities)
communities:

similar:

rationale:

I needed an object representation of a TIME column for use with
Rose::DB::Object. Time columns have no concept of date, so all of
the existing Time::* CPAN modules which do deal with dates were
inappropriate. Time::Clock represents a time only, and does so to
nanosecond precision (which is also required by some databases' TIME
data types).

enteredby: JSIRACUSA (John Siracusa)
enteredon: Fri Jun 30 18:11:57 2006 GMT

The resulting entry would be:

Time::
::Clock bdpOp Twenty-four hour clock object JSIRACUSA

Thanks for registering,

Search Discussions

  • Perl Authors Upload Server at Jun 30, 2006 at 6:14 pm

    modid: Time::Clock
    DSLIP: bdpOp
    userid: JSIRACUSA (John Siracusa)
    chapterid: 6 (Data_Type_Utilities)
    communities:

    similar:

    rationale:

    I needed an object representation of a TIME column for use with
    Rose::DB::Object. Time columns have no concept of date, so all of
    the existing Time::* CPAN modules which do deal with dates were
    inappropriate. Time::Clock represents a time only, and does so to
    nanosecond precision (which is also required by some databases' TIME
    data types).

    enteredby: JSIRACUSA (John Siracusa)
    enteredon: Fri Jun 30 18:12:44 2006 GMT

    The resulting entry would be:

    Time::
    ::Clock bdpOp Twenty-four hour clock object JSIRACUSA

    Thanks for registering,
  • John Siracusa at Jun 30, 2006 at 6:15 pm
    Sorry for the duplicate, the back-button got me...

    -John

groupmodules @
categoriesperl
postedJun 30, '06 at 6:13p