I was trying to look into how to transfer maintainership/ownership of
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::FromXML to another cpan author and when
looking at the module metadata on pause, I don't seem to have any
modules registered for me. In the past I've contributed 4 different
modules:

Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::FromXML
String::KeyboardDistance
String::Nysiis
Tree::MultiNode

None of these appear to be registered to me.

What should I do? Any info about transferring maintainership is appreciated.

Regards,

Kyle R. Burton

Wisdom and Compassion are inseparable.
-- Christmas Humphreys
kyle.burton@gmail.com
http://www.neverlight.com/~mortis

  • Steffen Mueller at Jun 27, 2006 at 8:47 am
    Hi,

    Kyle R. Burton schrieb:
    I was trying to look into how to transfer maintainership/ownership of
    Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::FromXML to another cpan author and when
    looking at the module metadata on pause, I don't seem to have any
    modules registered for me. In the past I've contributed 4 different
    modules:

    Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::FromXML
    String::KeyboardDistance
    String::Nysiis
    Tree::MultiNode

    None of these appear to be registered to me.

    What should I do? Any info about transferring maintainership is
    appreciated.
    Log into pause.perl.org using your CPAN ID and password. Then select
    View Permissions. It should list your four modules as "first-come"
    unless you registered them via the modules list. In that case, they
    would be listed as "modulelist". To "own" a namespace, you only have to
    be the first to upload a module that uses it. Registering it is a good
    idea, but not necessary.

    Now, to grant co-maintainer status to somebody else, select "Change
    Permissions" and then 3.1 -> Make somebody else Co-Maintainer. Select
    the module(s), enter a CPAN user id to give maintainership status and
    hit "Make Co-Maintainer".

    Oh, and don't *give up* maintainership status unless you have granted
    somebody else ownership.

    If you would like to give up maintainership altogether, use option 2.1.

    Hope this helps,
    Steffen

groupmodules @
categoriesperl
postedJun 26, '06 at 4:57p
activeJun 27, '06 at 8:47a
websitecpan.org...

2 users in discussion

Kyle R. Burton: 1 post Steffen Mueller: 1 post