modid: Net::UKDomain::Nominet::Automaton
DSLIP: RdpOg
userid: CLIFFORDJ (Jason Clifford)
chapterid: 5 (Networking_Devices_IPC)
communities:
Will be announced to perl announce newsgroup if accepted.

similar:
Net::DRI

rationale:

Although Net::DRI provides a generic interface to various domain
registries and similar facilities it's design does not lend itself
to being used for the Nominet .UK registry due to Nominet's way of
handling the processes.

Accordingly this module does not belong under Net::DRI.

Nominet's registry only deals with domains under .UK hence the
rationale for listing under Net::UKDOMAIN::Nominet. Additionally
Nominet intend to make alternative methods of access to their
registry services available some time in the next 24 months so this
module needs to show that it uses the Automaton. Accordingly the
module is named Net::UKDomain::Nominet::Automaton

enteredby: CLIFFORDJ (Jason Clifford)
enteredon: Fri Jun 23 13:06:01 2006 GMT

The resulting entry would be:

Net::UKDomain::Nominet::
::Automaton RdpOg Internet to Nominet .UK Domain Registry CLIFFORDJ

Thanks for registering,

Search Discussions

  • Brian d foy at Jun 28, 2006 at 5:45 pm

    In article <200606231306.k5ND61q1021091@pause.perl.org>, Perl Authors
    Upload Server wrote:

    modid: Net::UKDomain::Nominet::Automaton
    DSLIP: RdpOg
    Does it really matter that Nominet is UK only? I don't think we need
    the extra "UKDomain" in there.