Hi Jan

I just noticed that most of libwin32, as it exists on CPAN at least,
appears to be unlicensed and thus unable to be distributed on the CPAN.

I imagine this is probably just an oversight, but could you please
correct this and make sure that libwin32 is licensed?

Thanks

Adam K

Search Discussions

  • Jan Dubois at Jun 14, 2006 at 6:49 pm

    I just noticed that most of libwin32, as it exists on CPAN at
    least, appears to be unlicensed and thus unable to be distributed
    on the CPAN.

    I imagine this is probably just an oversight, but could you please
    correct this and make sure that libwin32 is licensed?
    Yes, all of libwin32 is under at least the Artistic license, and
    probably even under the "same terms as Perl", but I would have to check
    for the latter.

    I'll try to make this more obvious in the next release.

    Cheers,
    -Jan
  • Kurt Starsinic at Jun 14, 2006 at 7:19 pm

    I just noticed that most of libwin32, as it exists on CPAN at least,
    appears to be unlicensed and thus unable to be distributed on the CPAN.

    I imagine this is probably just an oversight, but could you please
    correct this and make sure that libwin32 is licensed?
    Is this what you're looking for?

    http://cpan.pair.com/authors/id/G/GS/GSAR/libwin32-0.191.readme

    - Kurt
  • Adam Kennedy at Jun 14, 2006 at 7:34 pm
    Ah, well spotted, I missed it.

    Jan, if you could add a standalone LICENSE file, and (for the
    automation) add the license key to your META.yaml it would probably
    help. Thanks.

    On a side note, it appears that Win32.pod, which is mentioned in
    Win32.pm, is missing from the current version.

    Adam K

    Kurt Starsinic wrote:
    I just noticed that most of libwin32, as it exists on CPAN at least,
    appears to be unlicensed and thus unable to be distributed on the CPAN.

    I imagine this is probably just an oversight, but could you please
    correct this and make sure that libwin32 is licensed?
    Is this what you're looking for?

    http://cpan.pair.com/authors/id/G/GS/GSAR/libwin32-0.191.readme

    - Kurt

groupmodules @