OK folks:

Its been a week since I've heard anything on this. I've
taken the liberty of changing the thread's name from:
proposed new CPAN namespace, Organize::

What is being discussed here is the creation of two new Top
Level Namespaces:
Politics::
Community::

I hope these might create a space for the publication of
new and the refactoring of existing code (denoted by *,
below).

Attached below is the thread history and an outline of
these two proposed namespaces. Feedback on the use of
these namespaces (and collaboration on their development)
is invited and appreciated.

Hugh Esco
RCK Computer Services
http://reclaimedcomputers.ca/

Thread history:

Outline of Proposed Namespaces --

* asterisks used in the list below denotes those modules
where preliminary work has been done by myself and others
over the last several years.

Politics

Politics::CRM

Politics::Fundraising
Politics::Fundraising::Canvas
Politics::Fundraising::Events
Politics::Fundraising::Phonebank
Politics::Fundraising::Plugin::
{a_merchandise_storefront_package}
Politics::Fundraising::Online::DonorForm *
Politics::Fundraising::Online::DonorForm::Backend

Politics::Supporters *
Politics::Supporters::Donor *
Politics::Supporters::Volunteer *
Politics::Supporters::Subscribe *
Politics::Supporters::Merchandise
Politics::Supporters::Yardsign
Politics::Supporters::Referral *
Politics::Supporters::Reports *

Politics::Electoral
Politics::Electoral::pclSupport *
Politics::Electoral::pclSupport::CallLists *
Politics::Electoral::pclSupport::WalkLists *
Politics::Electoral::pclSupport::GOTV
Politics::Electoral::petVerify *
Politics::Electoral::VoteDB
Politics::Electoral::VoteDB::History *
Politics::Electoral::VoteDB::Partisan *

Politics::Treasurer
Politics::Treasurer::Plugin::SQL-Ledger
Politics::Treasurer::Reports
Politics::Treasurer::Reports::Board
Politics::Treasurer::Reports::Members
Politics::Treasurer::Reports::Merchandise
Politics::Treasurer::Reports::Tax
Politics::Treasurer::Reports::Tax::US
Politics::Treasurer::Reports::Tax::US::Georgia
Politics::Treasurer::Reports::Campaign
Politics::Treasurer::Reports::Campaign::US
Politics::Treasurer::Reports::Campaign::US::Georgia

Politics::LegisTrack
Politics::LegisTrack::Members
Politics::LegisTrack::Committee
Politics::LegisTrack::Legislation *
Politics::LegisTrack::LegAction
Politics::LegisTrack::Position
Politics::LegisTrack::WWW::Mechanize
Politics::LegisTrack::WWW::Mechanize::USCongress
Politics::LegisTrack::WWW::Mechanize::GaGenAssy *
Politics::LegisTrack::Lobby *
Politics::LegisTrack::Lobby::CallWriteFax
Politics::LegisTrack::Lobby::Feedback *
Politics::LegisTrack::Coalition
Politics::LegisTrack::Coalition::Organizations
Politics::LegisTrack::Coalition::Volunteers
Politics::LegisTrack::Coalition::Supporters

Community

Community::Membership
Community::Membership::Vote *
Community::Membership::Elections
Community::Membership::Elections::STVCounter *
Community::Membership::Subscriber
Community::Membership::Services
Community::Membership::Renewal

Community::Mapper *
Community::Events
Community::Online
Community::Online::{a_wiki_package}
Community::Online::{a_blog_package}
Community::Online::{a_crm_package}

Community::Workplace

Community::Media
Community::Media::MediaDB
Community::Media::DistroPrsRls *
Community::Media::CMS
Community::Media::Newsletter
Community::Media::MailingLists

Community::Registration
Community::Registration::Db *
Community::Registration::Cfg
Community::Registration::Log
Community::Registration::Event
Community::Registration::Event::Registrant
Community::Registration::Event::Transportation
Community::Registration::Event::Catering
Community::Registration::Event::Accommodations
Community::Registration::Event::Payment::Verisign
Community::Registration::Admin
Community::Registration::Admin::Reports
Community::Registration::Admin::Reports::Accommodations
Community::Registration::Admin::Reports::AuditFormTraffic
Community::Registration::Admin::Reports::Catering
Community::Registration::Admin::Reports::CredentialsCommittee
Community::Registration::Admin::Reports::NameTags
Community::Registration::Admin::Reports::Nightly
Community::Registration::Admin::Reports::NotYetRegistered
Community::Registration::Admin::Reports::RegistrationDesk
Community::Registration::Admin::Reports::Treasurer
Community::Registration::Admin::Reports::Weekly
Community::Registration::WWW::RegForm *
Community::Registration::WWW::Admin *

Search Discussions

  • Adam Kennedy at Jun 14, 2006 at 5:27 pm
    Personally I think Politics:: is a clear Go.

    Community:: is ok by me as well, although of course each distribution
    needs to be released separately.

    Adam K

    Hugh Esco wrote:
    OK folks:

    Its been a week since I've heard anything on this. I've
    taken the liberty of changing the thread's name from:
    proposed new CPAN namespace, Organize::

    What is being discussed here is the creation of two new Top
    Level Namespaces:
    Politics::
    Community::

    I hope these might create a space for the publication of
    new and the refactoring of existing code (denoted by *,
    below).

    Attached below is the thread history and an outline of
    these two proposed namespaces. Feedback on the use of
    these namespaces (and collaboration on their development)
    is invited and appreciated.

groupmodules @
categoriesperl
postedJun 13, '06 at 7:17p