modid: Logger::Simple
DSLIP: RdpOp
userid: TSTANLEY (Thomas Stanley)
chapterid: 21 (File_Handle_Input_Output)
communities:
Perlmonks

similar:
Log::Common Log::AndError Log::Log4Perl

rationale:

This module was originally based on the Simran::Log::Log and
Simran::Error::Error modules. While I thought the idea behind the
implementation was sound, the interface between the two was hard to
understand.

I used the Object::InsideOut module in this newest implementation
to provide better security for the object and its internal structure

enteredby: TSTANLEY (Thomas Stanley)
enteredon: Sat Jun 10 01:45:43 2006 GMT

The resulting entry would be:

Logger::
::Simple RdpOp Log error and description messages TSTANLEY

Thanks for registering,

Search Discussions

  • Adam Kennedy at Jun 11, 2006 at 11:18 am

    Perl Authors Upload Server wrote:

    modid: Logger::Simple
    DSLIP: RdpOp
    userid: TSTANLEY (Thomas Stanley)
    chapterid: 21 (File_Handle_Input_Output)
    communities:
    Perlmonks

    similar:
    Log::Common Log::AndError Log::Log4Perl

    rationale:

    This module was originally based on the Simran::Log::Log and
    Simran::Error::Error modules. While I thought the idea behind the
    implementation was sound, the interface between the two was hard to
    understand.

    I used the Object::InsideOut module in this newest implementation
    to provide better security for the object and its internal structure
    As an aside, is there any particular reason you think the expense of the
    security is needed in a logging module?

    Adam K

groupmodules @
categoriesperl