modid: IOToolkit
DSLIP: Rdpnp
userid: LINMAR (Markus Linke)
chapterid: 8 (User_Interfaces)
communities:

similar:
Log4Perl

rationale:

IOToolkit provides an easy to use log function, including several
log-levels and timestamps. It was ment to produce human-readable
logfiles, to be checked by system administrators or endusers, so it
is different from most tools out there, which are written to help
developers debugging their code.

enteredby: LINMAR (Markus Linke)
enteredon: Thu Oct 7 13:13:08 2004 GMT

The resulting entry would be:

IOToolkit Rdpnp Creates Logfiles for Perl Modules LINMAR

Thanks for registering,

Search Discussions

  • _brian_d_foy at Oct 7, 2004 at 3:59 pm

    In article <200410071313.i97DDC70012458@pause.perl.org>, Perl Authors
    Upload Server wrote:

    modid: IOToolkit
    DSLIP: Rdpnp
    the name should say something about log files.

    how is this different than the many other logging modules
    out there?

  • Markus Linke at Oct 10, 2004 at 9:25 am
    Hi Brian,

    well .. I just changed the name to IOToolkit as for some feedback
    to the prior version called "logme" ...

    Most logging modules are ment to help developers to debug their
    code. So you can Dump variables and get some more information
    about where your code fails.

    My module is not a perl masterpiece. It is just a quick and easy
    replacement for "print" in your modules and it creates useful
    logfiles for human readers. I had a look on a couple of other
    modules and none of them were as easy-to-use as mine. For this
    purpose I feel, that my module is best :o)

    Cheers,
    Markus
    The following module was proposed for inclusion in the Module

    modid: IOToolkit
    DSLIP: Rdpnp
    the name should say something about log files.

    how is this different than the many other logging modules
    out there?

    -- brian d foy (one of many PAUSE admins), http://pause.perl.org
    please send all messages back to modules@perl.org
  • _brian_d_foy at Oct 10, 2004 at 2:28 pm

    In article <19357478.1097400333509.JavaMail.root@m26.spamarrest.com>,
    well .. I just changed the name to IOToolkit as for some feedback
    to the prior version called "logme" ...
    My module is not a perl masterpiece. It is just a quick and easy
    replacement for "print" in your modules and it creates useful
    logfiles for human readers.
    So it's really just an OToolkit ? There doesn't seem to be any
    I in there.

  • Markus Linke at Oct 10, 2004 at 2:53 pm
    more "O" than "I" at the moment, but I have a couple of import tools
    which will be merged into the IOToolkit as well ...
    well .. I just changed the name to IOToolkit as for some feedback
    to the prior version called "logme" ...
    My module is not a perl masterpiece. It is just a quick and easy
    replacement for "print" in your modules and it creates useful
    logfiles for human readers.
    So it's really just an OToolkit ? There doesn't seem to be any
    I in there.

  • Markus Linke at Nov 3, 2004 at 3:36 pm
    Hi,

    I have added some "I" to the "IOToolkit" and rewrote some stuff. It is
    now (hopefully) completely in-line with CPAN-Standards.

    Cheers,
    Markus
    well .. I just changed the name to IOToolkit as for some feedback
    to the prior version called "logme" ...
    My module is not a perl masterpiece. It is just a quick and easy
    replacement for "print" in your modules and it creates useful
    logfiles for human readers.
    So it's really just an OToolkit ? There doesn't seem to be any
    I in there.

  • _brian_d_foy at Nov 3, 2004 at 10:12 pm

    In article <1816C296-2DAE-11D9-ABB1-000A95DD0686@linke.de>, Markus
    Linke wrote:
    Hi,

    I have added some "I" to the "IOToolkit" and rewrote some stuff. It is
    now (hopefully) completely in-line with CPAN-Standards.
    Could it be IO::Toolkit?

  • Markus Linke at Nov 4, 2004 at 7:02 am