Hello all!
Before submitting first release of a module to CPAN I have a question about
files distribution policy.
ePortal is a WEB based intranet organizer. Distribution package includes
database backend Perl modules and a number of HTML::Mason components (HTML
files).
Perl Makefile.PL command prepares Makefile to install Perl packages into
site_perl tree and Mason components into Apache DocumentRoot at once.
ePortal project consists in a number of packages - Applications, each of
them has it's own Perl packages and Mason components.
Until now I distribute ePortal from sourceforge site as all in one package,
i.e. Perl packages and Mason components in one tar.gz file.

Is CPAN a suitable place to distribute packages in the same way?
Have I to separate Mason components from Perl modules and distribute them
from another place?

My choice of CPAN for distribution of ePortal is simplicity of installing
for end users, i.e. just doing something like
perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::ePortal'
should install everything including ePortal core modules, all available
Applications, database backend modules and HTML files as well.

All suggestions are welcome!

Thank you

Sergey Rusakov

Search Discussions

  • Andreas J. Koenig at Apr 24, 2003 at 11:55 am

    Until now I distribute ePortal from sourceforge site as all in one package,
    i.e. Perl packages and Mason components in one tar.gz file.
    Is CPAN a suitable place to distribute packages in the same way?
    I see no reason why not.

    --
    andreas

groupmodules @
categoriesperl
postedApr 24, '03 at 12:56a
activeApr 24, '03 at 11:55a
websitecpan.org...

2 users in discussion

Andreas J. Koenig: 1 post S.Rusakov: 1 post