Hi y'all,

Often people ask for registration of a module they are going to
develop. My personal feeling is that not yet existing modules should
not be registered, but wait until they are actually released.

What are your ideas?

-- Johan

Search Discussions

  • Kurt D. Starsinic at Dec 22, 2000 at 11:21 pm

    Often people ask for registration of a module they are going to
    develop. My personal feeling is that not yet existing modules should
    not be registered, but wait until they are actually released.

    What are your ideas?
    I like that, except for the fact that one of the DLSI modes is `i'
    for `idea', and we actually have a few of them. I don't think that we
    need to encourage this, though.

    Peace,
    * Kurt Starsinic (kstar@sri.net) ---------------- Senior Software Architect *
    `. . . it is important to remember that the only perfectly secure |
    network is one that doesn't allow any data through at all and that |
    the only problem with such a network is that it is unusable.' |
    -- Ned Freed |
  • Andreas J. Koenig at Dec 31, 2000 at 9:04 pm

    Often people ask for registration of a module they are going to
    develop. My personal feeling is that not yet existing modules should
    not be registered, but wait until they are actually released.

    What are your ideas?
    I like that, except for the fact that one of the DLSI modes is `i'
    for `idea', and we actually have a few of them. I don't think that we
    need to encourage this, though.
    The idea was to encourage people to talk about ongoing development
    early to prevent duplicate effort. I still register modules when the
    mail sounds like a definite commitment. Generally we can say since
    there is xray, the mailing list archives serve the same purpose.

    --
    andreas

groupmodules @
categoriesperl