The next version of the Module List will list the following module:

modid: Tie::LLHash
DSLI: Rdpr
userid: KWILLIAMS (Ken Williams)
chapterid: 6 (Data_Type_Utilities)
enteredby: ANDK (Andreas J. König)
enteredon: Sat Apr 1 09:26:31 2000 GMT

The resulting entry will be:

Tie::
::LLHash Rdpr Fast & clean order-preserving hashes KWILLIAMS

Please allow a few days until the entry will appear in the published
module list.

Parts of the data listed above can be edited interactively on the
PAUSE. See https://pause.kbx.de/pause/authenquery?ACTION=edit_mod

Thanks for registering,
The Pause Team

Search Discussions

  • Andreas J. Koenig at Apr 1, 2000 at 10:00 am

    The next version of the Module List will list the following module:
    modid: Tie::LLHash
    DSLI: Rdpr
    userid: KWILLIAMS (Ken Williams)
    chapterid: 6 (Data_Type_Utilities)
    enteredby: ANDK (Andreas J. König)
    enteredon: Sat Apr 1 09:26:31 2000 GMT
    The resulting entry will be:
    Tie::
    ::LLHash Rdpr Fast & clean order-preserving hashes KWILLIAMS

    I was hesitating when I looked over this one, because neither your
    README nor your manpage give me any clue about the difference between
    Tie::IxHash and Tie::LLHash. The few words leave me with RTFS, but I'd
    recommend to WTFM ;)

    andreas
  • Ken Williams at Apr 1, 2000 at 3:51 pm

    Andreas J. Koenig wrote:
    On Sat, 1 Apr 2000 11:26:31 +0200, "Perl Authors Upload Server"
    The next version of the Module List will list the following module:
    modid: Tie::LLHash
    DSLI: Rdpr
    userid: KWILLIAMS (Ken Williams)
    chapterid: 6 (Data_Type_Utilities)
    enteredby: ANDK (Andreas J. König)
    enteredon: Sat Apr 1 09:26:31 2000 GMT
    The resulting entry will be:
    Tie::
    ::LLHash Rdpr Fast & clean order-preserving hashes KWILLIAMS

    I was hesitating when I looked over this one, because neither your
    README nor your manpage give me any clue about the difference between
    Tie::IxHash and Tie::LLHash. The few words leave me with RTFS, but I'd
    recommend to WTFM ;)
    The following paragraph is in the docs:

    See also Tie::IxHash by Gurusamy Sarathy. It's similar (it also does
    ordered hashes), but it has a different internal data structure and a
    different flavor of usage. It makes your hash behave more like a list
    than this does. This module keeps more of the hash flavor.

    I agree, I could add more detail about what the differences are. I'll
    do that now.

    ------------------- -------------------
    Ken Williams Last Bastion of Euclidity
    ken@forum.swarthmore.edu The Math Forum
  • Andreas J. Koenig at Apr 2, 2000 at 8:24 am

    I was hesitating when I looked over this one, because neither your
    README nor your manpage give me any clue about the difference between
    Tie::IxHash and Tie::LLHash. The few words leave me with RTFS, but I'd
    recommend to WTFM ;)
    The following paragraph is in the docs:
    See also Tie::IxHash by Gurusamy Sarathy. It's similar (it also does
    ordered hashes), but it has a different internal data structure and a
    different flavor of usage. It makes your hash behave more like a list
    than this does. This module keeps more of the hash flavor.
    I agree, I could add more detail about what the differences are. I'll
    do that now.
    Thanks. I've read the new sentence. So would you not believe that the
    description in the module list could be tuned as well, maybe to
    contain the words "linked" and "list"? Feel free to edit the
    description at the PAUSE (click on "Edit a Module"). Thanks a lot for
    the ultra fast upload,

    --
    andreas
  • Ken Williams at Apr 2, 2000 at 4:13 pm

    Andreas J. Koenig wrote:
[...]

    Good idea - done.

    "Fast ordered hashes via linked lists"

    Ken Williams Last Bastion of Euclidity
    ken@forum.swarthmore.edu The Math Forum
  • Andreas J. Koenig at Apr 4, 2000 at 6:47 pm