I think this is pretty straightforward, but seeing how I'm new I'd
like to follow instructions and double check that I'm on the right track
here. I'm developing some perl bindings for the Ceph (filesystem)
project's RADOS library. I've temporarily named what I've been working
on "Ceph::RADOS". I can think of a few other modules that people might
want to develop in the Ceph namespace, but (at least at the moment) the
name is distinct enough that anything wanting to use "Ceph" will also
probably have to do with the Ceph filesystem.

Red light? Green light?
Suggestions?

Thanks,

Marcus Sorensen

Search Discussions

  • Daniel Staal at Sep 1, 2011 at 2:11 pm

    I think this is pretty straightforward, but seeing how I'm new I'd
    like to follow instructions and double check that I'm on the right track
    here. I'm developing some perl bindings for the Ceph (filesystem)
    project's RADOS library. I've temporarily named what I've been working
    on "Ceph::RADOS". I can think of a few other modules that people might
    want to develop in the Ceph namespace, but (at least at the moment) the
    name is distinct enough that anything wanting to use "Ceph" will also
    probably have to do with the Ceph filesystem.
    It probably is unique enough, but the name doesn't tell me anything unless
    I already know what Ceph and RADOS is. I'd suggest putting it under the
    already existing Filesys:: namespace, personally. It gives *some*
    discoverablity to the naming. ;)

    Daniel T. Staal

    This email copyright the author. Unless otherwise noted, you
    the contents for non-commercial purposes. This copyright will
    local copyright law.

groupmodule-authors @
categoriesperl
postedSep 1, '11 at 3:52a