Greetings all,

Back in Aug 2003, I talked with Andrew Ho <andrew@zeuscat.com> about
expanding his Benchmark::Timer module to support statistical sampling.
(The new feature would be to apply statistics to determine when to stop
timing something, based on user-specified confidence intervals and error.)

At the time, he seemed to like my changes, and said that he would consider
adding them to the next version of the module. In the meantime, I
distributed my modified version of Benchmark::Timer along with my own
modules.

I've since sent email to him in Feb 2004, and Jun 11, with no response.
There have been no releases to the module, and in my last email I offered
to take over maintenance if he's not interested in supporting the module
any more. I'm worried that the module has been abandoned (or worse, that
something has happened to the author).

Should I wait longer? Or is it time to get the module maintainer gurus
involved in order to determine the module's disposition? I'd rather not
distribute an unofficial version of Benchmark::Timer with my code...

Thanks,
David

David Coppit david@coppit.org
The College of William and Mary http://coppit.org/

"Use 'logout' to leave this shell" -- You know what I want. Just do it!

Search Discussions

  • Khemir nadim at Jun 21, 2004 at 10:14 am
    Hi David,

    It's just 10 days ago. The author might be on holidays or is too buisy to
    answer you right now.

    In the worst case, release you module under a different name for the time
    being. What about:

    Benchmark::Timer::Sampling.

    Cheers, Nadim.

    "David Coppit" <david@coppit.org> wrote in message
[...]

groupmodule-authors @
categoriesperl
postedJun 18, '04 at 2:29p
activeJun 21, '04 at 10:14a
websitecpan.org...

2 users in discussion

Khemir nadim: 1 post David Coppit: 1 post