perl 5.6.1 has been released, and the source has been Mac-ized and stuffed
and is on FTP.

ftp://macperl.sourceforge.net//pub/macperl/

The current build instructions should work with this release. There are
currently no additional patches (though there will be :-). I will keep
perl on CVS synched with whatever patches I make, plus any changes to
maint-5.6/perl on the perforce repository. However, on FTP, I will just
include the latest actual release, plus patches.

Occasionally I might release a .sit file with patches applied, but I might
not, unless there is a big cry for them. Maybe I'll keep
perl-5.6.1.sit.bin, and perl-5.6.1-20010409.sit.bin or something, with all
patches (including xsubpp) applied.

--
Chris Nandor pudge@pobox.com http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network pudge@osdn.com http://osdn.com/