I have developed a program suite on Windows that talks to a Teradata over
ODBC and works fine. I need to port it to DBD::Teradata on an AIX box, as
ODBC is not installed. I have built a local perl (5.14) (cc_r is missing, so
I had to compile a copy with gcc) and I have installed DBI ver 1.6.16 and
DBD::Teradata version 12.001 (from Prescient)

I can execute a connect correctly. However, when I try and run a simple test
program that executes a stored procedure, the $dbh->execute fails.

The core of the test program is:

$refStr = "call crchampsview.FD622_Determine_Date_Range_SP( '2011-04-01' )";

$sth = $dbh->prepare($refStr);

$sth->execute;

$row = $sth->fetchrow_hashref;

$sth->finish;

print Dumper($row);

Called from ODBC the results are:

$VAR1 = {

'Beginning_Date' => '2011-03-27',

'Ending_Date' => '2011-04-02',

'\'FD622\'' => 'FD622'

};

But called through the DBD::Teradata, the program fails as:

DBD::Teradata::st execute failed: Failure 7968:
FD622_Determine_Date_Range_SP:The recipient of the result set does not
support dynamic result sets. on Statement 0. at ./trPDateSPTest.pl line 61.

$VAR1 = {

'Input_Date' => '2011-04-01'

};

Explanations and/or work-arounds/corrections will be most gratefully
received.

Thanx

Jeff Tate

CHAMPS Project Office DW/TCO Manager

(415) 606 7621 (cell)

(925) 887 6825 (eFax)

tatej1@michigan.gov (scheduling)

Search Discussions

  • Michael Ludwig at Aug 9, 2011 at 7:16 am

    I have developed a program suite on Windows that talks to a Teradata
    over ODBC and works fine. I need to port it to DBD::Teradata on an AIX
    box, as ODBC is not installed. I have built a local perl (5.14) (cc_r
    is missing, so I had to compile a copy with gcc) and I have installed
    DBI ver 1.6.16 and DBD::Teradata version 12.001 (from Prescient)
    DBD::Teradata::st execute failed: Failure 7968:
    FD622_Determine_Date_Range_SP:The recipient of the result set does not
    support dynamic result sets. on Statement 0. at ./trPDateSPTest.pl
    line 61.
    Hmm, your post is one of two Google hits on the error message, the other
    one apparently being an irrelevant listing of error messages.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=%22The+recipient+of+the+result+set+does+not+support+dynamic+result+sets%22

    If you asked Teradata about what this means and how to avoid it?

    http://www.teradataforum.com/

    There's one mention of "DYNAMIC RESULT SETS" here.

    http://www.teradataforum.com/teradata/20110701_132448.htm

    --
    Michael Ludwig

groupdbi-users @
categoriesperl
postedAug 8, '11 at 9:01p
activeAug 9, '11 at 7:16a
websitedbi.perl.org

2 users in discussion

Michael Ludwig: 1 post Jeff Tate: 1 post