I'm getting an error when I try to use a "left outer join" in my Perl program.
I have not found anything about joins in the documentation of the DBD:Oracle module.
I'm using DBD::Oracle v1.18 on Perl v5.8.5 to connect to our Oracle 10.02.0400 dB.

If it should work, I will continue to work on it.

Rich White
Service Manager -- Illinois Compass

  • Martin Evans at May 21, 2010 at 4:30 pm

    White, Richard L wrote:
    I'm getting an error when I try to use a "left outer join" in my Perl program.
    I have not found anything about joins in the documentation of the DBD:Oracle module.
    I'm using DBD::Oracle v1.18 on Perl v5.8.5 to connect to our Oracle 10.02.0400 dB.

    If it should work, I will continue to work on it.

    Rich White
    Service Manager -- Illinois Compass
    I don't think DBD::Oracle modifies your SQL or even cares about it other
    than if you've used bound parameters (where it /might/ parse the SQL to
    locate them).

    Oracle does support left outer joins.

    Show us a code snippet, the SQL and the error and we might be able to
    diagnose.

    Martin
    --
    Martin J. Evans
    Easysoft Limited

[...]

  • Bruce Johnson at May 21, 2010 at 4:38 pm

    I'm getting an error when I try to use a "left outer join" in my Perl program.
    I have not found anything about joins in the documentation of the DBD:Oracle module.
    I'm using DBD::Oracle v1.18 on Perl v5.8.5 to connect to our Oracle 10.02.0400 dB.
    make sure the query works in SQLPlus.
    --
    Bruce Johnson
    University of Arizona