Does DBD-Oracle-1.14.tar.gz supports Oracle 10g
10201_client_linux_x86_64, I have installed this tar file on my Linux
Operating System which running RHEL 5.4, perl version 5.8.8.
Extracted the files then done the following things from the command line
1. perl Makefile.pl
2. make
3. make install

I am getting the following error

Can't load
'/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/Ora
cle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory at
/usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
at lib//allscripts.pm line 225
Compilation failed in require at lib//allscripts.pm line 225.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at lib//allscripts.pm line 225.
Compilation failed in require at editorial.pl line 27.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at editorial.pl line 27.

I will be very thankful if any one can help me out.

Regards,

TILAK MANGISETTY
Operations Analyst
Information Technology Service Delivery
Oxford University Press,
Oxford, UK, 0X2 6DP
Tel: +44(0)1865353854
Mobile:+44(0)7733000703
E-mail:tilak.mangisetty@oup.com

Oxford University Press (UK) Disclaimer

This message is confidential. You should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone. You may use and apply the information for the intended purpose only. OUP does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are those of the author only and not of OUP. If this email has come to you in error, please delete it, along with any attachments. Please note that OUP may intercept incoming and outgoing email communications.

Search Discussions

  • Michael Nhan at Sep 22, 2009 at 4:48 pm
    Hi,

    What did you set as ORACLE_HOME and LD_LIBRARY_PATH during your
    compilation? Did you not do a make test? Where did you install the full
    oracle client (oracle_home setting)? Is the
    ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclntsh.so.10.1 read-able by the user running the
    script?

    Michael

    On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, MANGISETTY,

    --
    ---//---
    Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

    Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
    --- Benjamin Franklin

    A meeting is an event at which the minutes are kept and the hours are lost
  • MANGISETTY, Tilak at Sep 23, 2009 at 10:10 am
    Michael,

    I have set the oracle home as follows export PATH;
    ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1; but I didn't set
    the LD_LIBRARY_PATH during compilation.
    The oracle client is installed under
    /home/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1

    [root@achilles lib]# ls -l | grep libclnts
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 oracle oinstall 17 Sep 22 16:09 libclntsh.so ->
    libclntsh.so.10.1
    -rwxrwxr-x 1 oracle oinstall 20706597 Sep 22 16:08 libclntsh.so.10.1
    -rwxrwxr-x 1 oracle oinstall 37607182 Sep 22 16:09 libclntst10.a
    [root@achilles lib]#

[...]

  • Michael Nhan at Sep 24, 2009 at 2:35 pm
    Hi,

    Try setting your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the OH/lib or add the OH/lib
    to the ld.so.conf of your machine.
    Can't load
    '/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/O
    ra cle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot
    open shared object file: No such file or directory at
    since the directory containing the library is accessible to everyone, its
    very likely it doesn't know where to look since OH/lib isn't in the
    standard library path for the compiler/linker.

    Michael

groupdbi-users @
categoriesperl
postedSep 22, '09 at 3:45p
activeSep 24, '09 at 2:35p
websitedbi.perl.org

2 users in discussion

MANGISETTY, Tilak: 2 posts Michael Nhan: 2 posts