IBM DB2 Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 1.7 has been uploaded on
CPAN. Testers are please welcome to test the new features and report the
DBI is an open standard application programming interface (API) that
provides database access for client applications written in Perl. DBI
defines a set of functions, variables, and conventions that provide a
platform-independent database interface.
The DBD::DB2 driver works with DBI and a DB2 client to access databases.
**New In Release
- Improved support for Getting Client Info using DB2 CLP "db2 list
applications". Enhancement on previous version defect 160229
- Errors while retrieving multiple resultsets from stored procedures using
db2_more_results defect number 172486
- Support for Decfloat Datatype - 172301
- Support for SQLRowCount to prefetch the number of rows that can be
retured by a Select/Update/Delete/Insert query 173018
Special Thanks to Hildo Biersma from Morgan Stanley for helping us gather
a lot of these requirements and making our driver better and useful.
Installation Instructions for both Linux and Unix and PPM repositories
Support Email Addresses
* This release is supported by Open Source Application Development Team
* You may also report your bugs via the CPAN resolution tracking system:
http://rt.cpan.org/ by searching for module DBD-DB2
* Such bug reports can be sent by email to bug-DBD-DB2@rt.cpan.org;
they also get sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.
Download DB2 Express-C for free, go to:
Getting started with DB2 Express-C:
IBM OpenSource Application Development Team
India Software Labs, Bangalore (India)