I am having trouble in a Windows Server 2003 64 bit environment getting Perl
to see MS SQL 2005 via ODBC. Would someone kindly point me in the correct
direction. We are using the latest Active State 64 bit version. Everything
else seems to work just fine, I just can't connect to the data base. I have
set up an ODBC connection, and tried to use the Perl DBI, with the DBD::ODBC
module...no luck. I have also tried the non-DSN approach, no luck.

Your help is appreciated.

Richard

Search Discussions

  • Ramakrishna Raju at Sep 18, 2008 at 1:55 pm
    Richard,

    I too ran into the same problem couple of months ago. Perl 64bit
    on windows did not have a few modules back in Feb/Mar timeframe and so I
    decided to use 32bit perl on a 64bit windows machine. If you decide to
    use the 32bit perl on windows 64bit, you need to use a different binary
    to create the ODBC connection. Specifically, it is
    C:\windows\Syswow64\odbcad32.exe.

    Thanks, Martin, for the tip. :)

    Ramakrishna Raju ( "Raju" )
    rraju@kcmoptions.com

    I am having trouble in a Windows Server 2003 64 bit environment getting
    Perl
    to see MS SQL 2005 via ODBC. Would someone kindly point me in the
    correct
    direction. We are using the latest Active State 64 bit version.
    Everything
    else seems to work just fine, I just can't connect to the data base. I
    have
    set up an ODBC connection, and tried to use the Perl DBI, with the
    DBD::ODBC
    module...no luck. I have also tried the non-DSN approach, no luck.

    Your help is appreciated.

    Richard

    DISCLAIMER: NOTICE REGARDING PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY

    This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. TJM Proprietary Trading, LLC ("TJMPT") may, at its discretion, monitor and review the content of all e-mail communications. TJMPT is a registered joint back office broker dealer with the Chicago Board of Options Exchange "CBOE". TJMPT's office is located at 318 W. Adams Floor 9, Chicago, IL 60606. For more information about TJMPT, please call us at (312)-432- 5100 or fax (312)-432-4498.
  • Stewart Anderson at Sep 19, 2008 at 9:58 am

    I am having trouble in a Windows Server 2003 64 bit environment getting
    Perl
    to see MS SQL 2005 via ODBC. Would someone kindly point me in the correct
    direction. We are using the latest Active State 64 bit version.
    Everything
    else seems to work just fine, I just can't connect to the data base. I
    have
    set up an ODBC connection, and tried to use the Perl DBI, with the
    DBD::ODBC
    module...no luck. I have also tried the non-DSN approach, no luck.

    Your help is appreciated.

    Richard
    [Stewart Anderson]
    Richard have you tried switching on the DBI trace to see what is
    going wrong?

    Something like DBI->trace($DBITraceLevel,$DBITraceFile) ;

    Will do it.

    Stu

groupdbi-users @
categoriesperl