Sorry for the late reply I have been off on vacation for the past few weeks.

DBD::Oracle has been successfully installed with 2008 but I have not
done it. If have CC the DBI-users list with this post as someone there
might have gotten it to work.

First of I would say you do not have the correct libs from MS linked
into your project. Having never used VC++ 2008 I can't really help you
here. You might have to install the .net stuff?

Chuck Pareto wrote:
Hi,

I have a question I would like to ask you.

I just installed Oracle 10g on a Win 2003 Server 64 bit machine with
the latest version of Perl 5.10 (64 bit version)

I need to install DBD::Oracle and I’m having trouble with the makefile.pl

I downloaded and installed VC++ 2008 to use, but I don’t know if this
is the best version. In the readme, you say to use MS Visual Toolkit
2003 and the SDK.

Do you think I should go and install the app you suggest and try with
them, because I’m getting a no linker issue with the makefile.pl and
other notes that say:

Linker: not found

Sysliblist:

Note (probably harmless): No library found for kernel32.lib

Note (probably harmless): No library found for user32.lib

Note (probably harmless): No library found for gdi32.lib

Note (probably harmless): No library found for winspool.lib

Note (probably harmless): No library found for comdlg32.lib

Note (probably harmless): No library found for advapi32.lib

Note (probably harmless): No library found for shell32.lib

Note (probably harmless): No library found for ole32.lib

Note (probably harmless): No library found for oleaut32.lib

Note (probably harmless): No library found for netapi32.lib

Note (probably harmless): No library found for uuid.lib

Note (probably harmless): No library found for ws2_32.lib

Note (probably harmless): No library found for mpr.lib

Note (probably harmless): No library found for winmm.lib

Note (probably harmless): No library found for version.lib

Note (probably harmless): No library found for odbc32.lib

Note (probably harmless): No library found for odbccp32.lib

Note (probably harmless): No library found for bufferoverflowU.lib

LD_RUN_PATH=C:/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1/lib:C:/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1/rdbms/lib

Using DBD::Oracle 1.22.

Using DBD::Oracle 1.22.

Using DBI 1.604 (for perl 5.010000 on MSWin32-x64-multi-thread)
installed in C:/Perl64/lib/auto/DBI/

Writing Makefile for DBD::Oracle

*** If you have problems...

read all the log printed above, and the README and README.help.txt files.

(Of course, you have read README by now anyway, haven't you?)

I haven’t tried to continue on for fear that it won’t work. Can you
give me any advice???

-Chuck

ATTENTION: DO NOT read, copy or disseminate this communication unless
you are the intended addressee. This message and any file(s) or
attachment(s) transmitted with it are confidential, intended only for
the named recipient, and may contain information that is a trade
secret, proprietary, protected by the attorney work product doctrine,
subject to the attorney-client privilege, or is otherwise protected
against unauthorized use or disclosure. This message and any file(s)
or attachment(s) transmitted with it are transmitted based on a
reasonable expectation of privacy consistent with ABA Formal Opinion
No. 99-413. If you have received this communication in error, please
e-mail the sender and notify the sender immediately that you have
received the communication in error. Thank you.

groupdbi-users @
categoriesperl
postedSep 2, '08 at 12:44p
activeSep 2, '08 at 12:44p