I thought I'd post an update to this thread.

I had been trying to get Oracle working with ActiveState perl for
MAC. No particular reason for doing this, I wan introduced to Perl
and on the Wion32 enviroment with ActiveState as "the one to use."

I could not get Orcale:DBD to install correctly - the make failed
miserably.

The MAC I have has a built in perl (of course) so, I ripped out
ActiveState and abandoned PPM, used CPAN to get the modules I need
and they downloaded and installed first time.

Thereafter my script works fine. Connecting to Oracle with Oracle
Instant Client 10_1. DBI and ORACLE::DBD modules installed.

Stu

Information in this email including any attachments may be privileged, confidential and is intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks. SKY and the SKY marks are trade marks of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc and are used under licence. British Sky Broadcasting Limited (Registration No. 2906991), Sky Interactive Limited (Registration No. 3554332), Sky-In-Home Service Limited (Registration No. 2067075) and Sky Subscribers Services Limited (Registration No. 2340150) are direct or indirect subsidiaries of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc (Registration No. 2247735). All of the companies mentioned in this paragraph are incorporated in England and Wales and share the same registered office at Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.

groupdbi-users @
categoriesperl
postedJul 30, '08 at 12:42p
activeJul 30, '08 at 12:42p