First off, I am new to the list. If there is a FAQ, feel free to point
me there!

This morning I built DBD-Oracle-1.21 on my XP machine using Visual
Studio 2005. After building, I needed to copy the redistributable files
to blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle, and I needed to embed the manifest into
Oracle.dll with the following command:

mt.exe -manifest Oracle.dll.manifest -outputresource:Oracle.dll;2

I also needed to include my SID in ORACLE_USERID:

set ORACLE_USERID=user/password@tns_entry/ORCL
^^^^^

After all this, things worked, *except* for two tests:

t/26exe_array...........ok 1/14
t/26exe_array...........NOK 11/14# Failed test '... we should have 19
tuple_status'
# at t/26exe_array.t line 120.
# got: 10
# expected: 19

t/26exe_array...........NOK 14/14# Failed test '... we should have 48
rows'
# at t/26exe_array.t line 146.
# got: 30
# expected: 48
# Looks like you failed 2 tests of 14.
t/26exe_array...........dubious
Test returned status 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)

I'm curious if others have seen these problems.

Chris

Search Discussions

  • John Scoles at May 1, 2008 at 3:24 pm
    Can you point it to a different non 11 DB instance??

    and run the tests again?

    Could be a bug on the oracle side?

    seems to be a number of them on 11 64 dbs coming up the past few days.

    cheers
    John Scoles
    Gerber, Christopher J wrote:
    Odd

    Gerber, Christopher J wrote:
[...]

    this means that 9 rows did not get inserted for some reason
    t/26exe_array...........NOK 14/14# Failed test '... we should have
    48
    rows'
    # at t/26exe_array.t line 146.
    # got: 30
    # expected: 48
    # Looks like you failed 2 tests of 14.
    t/26exe_array...........dubious
    Test returned status 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)

    this is linked to the not inserted 9 above so if we fix 11 we fix this
    I'm curious if others have seen these problems.

    Can you tell me the which Oracle version you are running the tests on?
    and which version of DBI?
    I am using Oracle Instant Client 11.1.0.6.0 32bit on Windows to connect
    to a server running Oracle 11.1.0.6.0 64bit on Linux. I am using DBI
    version 1.601, although I see that 1.602 is now available.

    This could be a permission problem with the user that is running the test.
    Try running the tests again with the 'system' user and password and see
    what you get.
    Using the SYSTEM account I get the same test results.

    I just updated DBI to 1.602 and tested again... the results are the
    same.

    cheers
    John Scoles
    Chris
  • Gerber, Christopher J at May 1, 2008 at 3:44 pm

    Can you point it to a different non 11 DB instance??

    and run the tests again?

    Could be a bug on the oracle side?

    seems to be a number of them on 11 64 dbs coming up the past few days.
    Using an Oracle 9i server, the errors went away. I think that you're
    right about the 11g bug. Thanks for the assistance. I guess I have to
    find someone at Oracle to pester now! :)
    cheers
    John Scoles
    Gerber, Christopher J wrote:
    Odd

    Gerber, Christopher J wrote:
[...]

  • John Scoles at May 1, 2008 at 3:49 pm
    I will CC this one to a contact I have at Oracle as the first question
    Oracle suport will as is what it DBD::Oracle??? followed by we don't
    support it.

    If you do follow up say the execute array dose not work as expected.
    and that it works in 9.

    cheers
    John Scoles

    Gerber, Christopher J wrote:
    Can you point it to a different non 11 DB instance??

    and run the tests again?

    Could be a bug on the oracle side?

    seems to be a number of them on 11 64 dbs coming up the past few days.
    Using an Oracle 9i server, the errors went away. I think that you're
    right about the 11g bug. Thanks for the assistance. I guess I have to
    find someone at Oracle to pester now! :)

    cheers
    John Scoles
    Gerber, Christopher J wrote:
    Odd

    Gerber, Christopher J wrote:

[...]

  • John Scoles at May 8, 2008 at 5:48 pm
    Seem I now have access to an Oracle 11 box so I can have a look into this.

    So far I get the same results as you.

    Tomorrow I will have to do some debugging with this.

    Cheers John Scoles

    Gerber, Christopher J wrote:
    Can you point it to a different non 11 DB instance??

    and run the tests again?

    Could be a bug on the oracle side?

    seems to be a number of them on 11 64 dbs coming up the past few days.
    Using an Oracle 9i server, the errors went away. I think that you're
    right about the 11g bug. Thanks for the assistance. I guess I have to
    find someone at Oracle to pester now! :)

    cheers
    John Scoles
    Gerber, Christopher J wrote:
    Odd

[...]