(2007-08-26) has been uploaded to CPAN.
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is
the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix
databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl
5.8.8 - or any later version - you should be planning to upgrade). You
will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.54 - or any
later version - is recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is
available for download via:
** When you successfully build this module, use the ItWorks (Perl)
** script to report your configuration to the maintenance team (meaning
** Jonathan Leffler) at email@example.com.
** The ItWorks script does not send email to anybody; you have to do
** that yourself.
New in release 2007.0826:
* Fixed support for CSDK 3.00.
* Fixed support for ESQL/C 7.24 (and 5.20).
* Detecting mismatched 32-bit Perl vs 64-bit ESQL/C or vice versa.
* Fixed memory leak associated with LVARCHAR.
* Fix problem with DBD_INFORMIX_DEBUG_ESQLCC=yes.
* Fetch UDTs into SQLLVARCHAR instead of CHAR(256).
* RT#14954 - only do smart blob test if smart blob space exists.
* RT#14095: CLONE function added to driver 2005-08-12.
* RT#13708: (LVARCHAR on 32-bit systems) fixed if you use CSDK (ESQL/C)
3.00.xC2 or later. IBM CQ bug idsdb00139040 needs to be resolved.
Support email address:
* This release is supported by Jonathan Leffler <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
* You may also report your bugs via the CPAN resolution tracking system:
* Such bug reports can be sent by email to bug-DBD-Informix@rt.cpan.org;
they also get sent to email@example.com, etc.
As always, see the ChangeLog file for details about what has changed.
Jonathan Leffler (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
@(#)$Id: Announce,v 2007.4 2007/08/26 04:52:44 jleffler Exp $
Jonathan Leffler <firstname.lastname@example.org> #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2007.0826 - http://dbi.perl.org
"Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall never cease
to be amused."