OTOH, the upload of version 2007.0225 included the wrong Announce file -
hence version 2007.0226.
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2007.0226 (2007-02-25) has
been uploaded to CPAN.
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is
the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix
databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl
5.8.8 - or any later version - you should be planning to upgrade). You
will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.54 - or any
later version - is recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is
available for download via:
** When you successfully build this module, use the ItWorks (Perl)
** script to report your configuration to the maintenance team (meaning
** Jonathan Leffler) at email@example.com.
** The ItWorks script does not send email to anybody; you have to do
** that yourself.
New in release 2007.0226:
* Support for CSDK 3.00.
* Minor bug fixes.
* No exploitation of new features in DBI.
New in release 2005.02:
* The changes here are all related to improved diagnostics during the
build process. For example, esqlcc works in debug mode once more.
* Fix bug with INT8 handling on 64-bit platforms.
* Identify dubious Solaris linker flags (-z ignore is the trouble maker;
-z lazyload is the memorable one; -z combreloc usually occurs with
them and might or might not be damaging).
* Identify dubious AIX compiler flags (-qlanglvl=ansi).
* Add DBD_INFORMIX_NO_RESOURCE environment variable for under-privileged
Informix users (those with CONNECT privilege only).
* Add DBD_INFORMIX_NO_DBCREATE environment variable for a different
class of under-privileged users (those not permitted to create
databases because of ONCONFIG parameter DBCREATE_PERMISSION).
* These mean that if there is a database to which you can connect, you
can test DBD::Informix and have good (though not perfect) confidence
that all is OK.
New in release 2005.01:
* Various minor bug fixes made as reported - see ChangeLog.
* Release required to handle Informix ClientSDK 2.90, which includes
ESQL/C 2.90. The previous release (CSDK 2.81, included ESQL/C 9.51),
and the older DBD::Informix compilation based decisions off the ESQL/C
version, rejecting 2.90 as obsolete and unusable.
* Note that a number of obsolete versions of ESQL/C are no longer supported.
* t/t91udts.t sometimes warns about an uninitialized variable on
subroutine entry. It seems to be harmless - but it is very irksome.
Support email address:
* This release is supported by Jonathan Leffler <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
* You may also report your bugs via the CPAN resolution tracking system:
* Such bug reports can be sent by email to bug-DBD-Informix@rt.cpan.org;
they also get sent to email@example.com, etc.
As always, see the ChangeLog file for details about what has changed.
Jonathan Leffler (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
@(#)$Id: Announce,v 2007.1 2007/02/26 00:04:02 jleffler Exp $
Jonathan Leffler <firstname.lastname@example.org> #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2005.02 - http://dbi.perl.org
"I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it."