I ran into a problem with queries executed on an intranet site. The web
server was running with Apache on a Windows XP Pro machine using DBI 1.53
and DBD::Oracle 1.19. The database server was upgraded from Oracle 10.2.0.2
to 10.2.0.3.

As soon as the upgrade happened, all of my queries failed that were using
bound variables with the error: ORA-01008: not all variables bound

I found a message on forums.oracle.com (
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=1647779&#1647779 )
that described the same issue as I was having. As you can see from that
thread, the resolution was to change the server setting of cursor_sharing to
EXACT.

Other Oracle clients such as SQL*Plus were able to query the server
successfully before the configuration change was made.

My questions are--why did I have to make the configuration change? Why can
SQL*Plus handle the queries but Oracle::DBD 1.19 could not?

Thanks.

Andrew McFarlane

Valentine’s Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E at MSN Shopping

  • Reidy, Ron at Jan 31, 2007 at 10:45 pm
    Well, first of all, the poster on that forum did not state any reason
    why he took that road (did Oracle support suggest this; was there a bug,
    etc.), so I would take this with a large grain of salt until that route
    is closed.

    What version of the Oracle client are you running on your web server?
    Is there some sort of incompatibility between the client and 10.2.0.3?
    Can you connect via SQL*Plus from that web server?

    Is there anything in the 10.2.0.3 release notes that suggest there is an
    issue regarding cursor_sharing?

    Have you logged an SR with Oracle support? If not, you probably should.

    --
    Ron Reidy,
    Lead DBA

[...]

    http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctId=8323,ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24095&
    tcode=wlmtagline

    sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by
  • Michael Nhan at Feb 1, 2007 at 3:18 pm
    Hi,

    Could you be running into bug 5254759 slated to be fixed in 11i?

    Regards,

    Michael

[...]

    ---//---
    "He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep,
    pain that cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon the heart;
    and, in our own despair, against our will,
    comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
    --- Aeschylus

groupdbi-users @
categoriesperl
postedJan 31, '07 at 10:31p