because the performance is slower and the difference is wide big.
Do you think this perl new version (5.8.5) takes more cpu ?
I appreciate any idea you could give me to improve my performance.

  • Reidy, Ron at Sep 8, 2006 at 3:27 pm
    Did you run 10046 traces on the code?

    Have you profiled the code?

    I switched to these same versions a couple of years ago, and have had no
    problems.

    rr

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Oscar Gomez
    Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 9:04 AM
    To: dbi-users@perl.org
    Subject: switching perl version

    A perl program executing in linux Redhat 7.0, perl version 5.6, oracle
    8i was
    using 30% cpu approx. Now I'm running the same program in linux
    enterprise ES 4,
    perl v. 5.8.5, Oracle 10g. uses 60% cpu. I'd like to know what's
    happening
    because the performance is slower and the difference is wide big.
    Do you think this perl new version (5.8.5) takes more cpu ?
    I appreciate any idea you could give me to improve my performance.

    sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by
  • Christopher Sarnowski at Sep 8, 2006 at 3:46 pm