I am attempting my first Perl module install to get my Informix-backed
CGI site up and running. The CPAN.pm install failed because of some
firewall issue so I have the tarball unpacked but the make command fails
with this message:

/bin/sh: cc_r not found
1254-004: error code 127

We're running perl 5.8.2, the threaded version and AIX 5.2. No one in
the department remembers installing Perl and how they did it or with
what options.
I am new to Unix, so I'm happy to get more system information if someone
will tell me what they need, how to get it, etc.

groupdbi-users @
categoriesperl
postedJul 20, '06 at 4:36p
activeJul 20, '06 at 4:36p