IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.02 (2005-07-29) has
been uploaded to CPAN.
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is
the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix
databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl
5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code
for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for
DBD::Informix is available for download via:
** When you successfully build this module, use the ItWorks (Perl)
** script to report your configuration to the maintenance team (meaning
** Jonathan Leffler) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
** The ItWorks script does not send email to anybody; you have to do
** that yourself.
New in release 2005.02:
* The changes here are all related to improved diagnostics during the
build process. For example, esqlcc works in debug mode once more.
* Fix bug with INT8 handling on 64-bit platforms.
* Identify dubious Solaris linker flags (-z ignore is the trouble maker;
-z lazyload is the memorable one; -z combreloc usually occurs with
them and might or might not be damaging).
* Identify dubious AIX compiler flags (-qlanglvl=ansi).
* Add DBD_INFORMIX_NO_RESOURCE environment variable for under-privileged
Informix users (those with CONNECT privilege only).
* Add DBD_INFORMIX_NO_DBCREATE environment variable for a different
class of under-privileged users (those not permitted to create
databases because of ONCONFIG parameter DBCREATE_PERMISSION).
* These mean that if there is a database to which you can connect, you
can test DBD::Informix and have good (though not perfect) confidence
that all is OK.
New in release 2005.01:
* Various minor bug fixes made as reported - see ChangeLog.
* Release required to handle Informix ClientSDK 2.90, which includes
ESQL/C 2.90. The previous release (CSDK 2.81, included ESQL/C 9.51),
and the older DBD::Informix compilation based decisions off the ESQL/C
version, rejecting 2.90 as obsolete and unusable.
* Note that a number of obsolete versions of ESQL/C are no longer
* t/t91udts.t sometimes warns about an uninitialized variable on
subroutine entry. It seems to be harmless - but it is very irksome.
Support email address:
* This release is supported by Jonathan Leffler <email@example.com>.
* You may also report your bugs via the CPAN resolution tracking system:
* Such bug reports can be sent by email to bug-DBD-Informix@rt.cpan.org;
they also get sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.
As always, see the ChangeLog file for details about what has changed.
Jonathan Leffler (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
@(#)$Id: Announce,v 2005.3 2005/07/29 00:19:34 jleffler Exp $