I am having a problem with the DBI and/or DBD Oracle.

I have a Perl CGI application.

Using the Netscape web server, running on Solaris 9. Using perl 5.6.1,
DBI 1.30,
and DBD Oracle 1.12 for the CGI scripts.

The database is on a separate machine, running Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 on
Solaris 9.

The application is read only. We open a new connection with each script,
and close it at the end of the script. The scripts are all very typical -
maybe read some input from the screen, do a database select, format
the output, put to screen.

For some reason, the disconnect statements are taking a very long time
to execute. For example, a script that pulls 100 rows from the database,
formats them, and puts them to the screen takes 7 seconds to execute.
The disconnect statement itself is taking 6.5+ seconds of that time.

I scoured the web looking for any discussion of such a problem, but found
none. Am I unaware of some obvious bug with my software versions?
Any ideas?

Darrell Oresky
itss@erols.com

Search Discussions

  • Reidy, Ron at Mar 30, 2005 at 3:32 pm
    Have you traced your session using Oracle trace (set event 10046 trace name contect forever, level 12)?

    -----------------
    Ron Reidy
    Lead DBA
    Array BioPharma, Inc.

[...]

    sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by

groupdbi-users @
categoriesperl
postedMar 30, '05 at 12:32a
activeMar 30, '05 at 3:32p