We make extensive use of named bind params in our apps (our DB is Oracle).
I just tried running a test program over DBD::Proxy and found it barfs on
these. Here is the code in DBD::Proxy that doesn't like them .

sub bind_param ($$$@) {

my $sth = shift; my $param = shift;

$sth->{'proxy_params'}->[$param-1] = [@_];

}

Doing a google search on this turned up some pretty old stuff - e.g.

http://www.grin.net/~mirthles/pile/dbi-tim_bunce_call_on_proxy_module_with_o
racle_bind_param.html

Does anyone know whether a fix to DBD::Proxy is planned?

Thanks,

Steve

Search Discussions

  • Scott T. Hildreth at Oct 21, 2004 at 9:56 pm
    I was going bring this up myself. I had this problem the other day.
    To get it working I changed the param names to :p1, :p2, ...etc and
    used $sth->bind_param(1, 'foo'). For the return param I had to use the
    a :p? as well,

    i.e.

    my $sth = $dbh->prepare(q{
    BEGIN
    :p3 = some_pkg(:p1, :p2)
    END;
    });

    $sth->bind_param(1, 'foo');
    $sth->bind_param(2, 'bar');

    $sth->bind_param_inout(3, \$var, 10);

    I was considering trying to change DBD::Proxy to use named parameters.
    We use DBD::Proxy quite a bit. I didn't know if someone else is
    working on it already, so I guess I am asking now?

    STH
    We make extensive use of named bind params in our apps (our DB is Oracle).
    I just tried running a test program over DBD::Proxy and found it barfs on
    these. Here is the code in DBD::Proxy that doesn't like them .

    sub bind_param ($$$@) {

    my $sth = shift; my $param = shift;

    $sth->{'proxy_params'}->[$param-1] = [@_];

    }

    Doing a google search on this turned up some pretty old stuff - e.g.

    http://www.grin.net/~mirthles/pile/dbi-tim_bunce_call_on_proxy_module_with_o
    racle_bind_param.html

    Does anyone know whether a fix to DBD::Proxy is planned?

    Thanks,

    Steve
  • Tim Bunce at Oct 21, 2004 at 11:23 pm