Hi all
i'm tryng to install DBD module for Informix on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3
these are the error when i exec Makefile.PL.

#######################
perl Makefile.PL

Configuring IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl Version 2003.04 (2003-03-05) (aka DBD::Informix)
You are using DBI version 1.43 and Perl version 5.008
Remember to actually read the README file!

Perl: perl5.008 i386-linux-thread-multi dl_dlopen.xs
System: linux tweet
Compiler: gcc -O2 -g -pi -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DTHREADS_HAVE_PIDS -DDEBUGGING -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm

Using IBM Informix CSDK Version 2.81, IBM Informix-ESQL Version 9.53.UC2X5 from /opt/informix

Beware: DBD::Informix is not yet aware of all the new IUS data types.

Assert macro will be disabled!

lib/DBD/Informix/Defaults.pm written OK
esqlvrsn.h written OK
esqlinfo.h written OK

Gosh! Perl doesn't think your compiler handles prototypes.
Well, even though I don't believe it, we'll take Perl's word
for it and we won't try to force them into use. Don't you
need to upgrade your compiler? If you run into compilation
problems with the test program, you will need to revisit this
issue.
Testing whether your Informix test environment will work...
sh: -c: line 2: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
sh: -c: line 3: syntax error: unexpected end of file
Failed to compile esqltest.ec to esqltestub

###############################

any suggestions ?

thanks for help

Marco

Search Discussions

  • Jonathan Leffler at Oct 5, 2004 at 4:50 pm

    i'm tryng to install DBD module for Informix on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3
    these are the error when i exec Makefile.PL.

    #######################
    perl Makefile.PL

    Configuring IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl Version 2003.04 (2003-03-05) (aka DBD::Informix)
    You are using DBI version 1.43 and Perl version 5.008
    Remember to actually read the README file!

    Perl: perl5.008 i386-linux-thread-multi dl_dlopen.xs
    System: linux tweet
    Compiler: gcc -O2 -g -pi -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DTHREADS_HAVE_PIDS -DDEBUGGING -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm
    Perl 5.8.0? I guess you're using the system provided version rather
    than your own build.
    Using IBM Informix CSDK Version 2.81, IBM Informix-ESQL Version 9.53.UC2X5 from /opt/informix
    Mostly good - I'm not sure about the X5 designation (it means it is a
    5th patched revision of UC2 - but doesn't tell me whether it was a
    specific patch for you or something that is generally available).
    Beware: DBD::Informix is not yet aware of all the new IUS data types.

    Assert macro will be disabled!

    lib/DBD/Informix/Defaults.pm written OK
    esqlvrsn.h written OK
    esqlinfo.h written OK

    Gosh! Perl doesn't think your compiler handles prototypes.
    Well, even though I don't believe it, we'll take Perl's word
    for it and we won't try to force them into use. Don't you
    need to upgrade your compiler? If you run into compilation
    problems with the test program, you will need to revisit this
    issue.
    That's odd. I need your 'perl -V' output - as the README file says
    you should supply. It is a warning, but I've not seen it in ages.
    I'll need to review what the heck is wrong via the configuration
    information in the 'perl -V' output. It is most likely an error in
    the Makefile.PL script.
    Testing whether your Informix test environment will work...
    sh: -c: line 2: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
    sh: -c: line 3: syntax error: unexpected end of file
    Failed to compile esqltest.ec to esqltestub
    That, too, is very odd. What has RedHat done to break shell scripts?
    (I'm jaundiced against RedHat at the moment - they are getting to be
    as bad as Microsoft at breaking working software with every upgrade.
    And that's not easy to achieve!)

    Please rerun with DBD_INFORMIX_DEBUG_ESQLTEST=yes set in the
    environment, and send me the output:

    DBD_INFORMIX_DEBUG_ESQLTEST=yes perl Makefile.PL 2>&1 | tee log

    Please read the README file for details about the information required
    when reporting problems.

    --
    Jonathan Leffler <jonathan.leffler@gmail.com> #include <disclaimer.h>
    Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2003.04 - http://dbi.perl.org