The biggest news in this release is a patch to allow setting of the ODBC
cursor type. This may allow some servers
which do not support multiple concurrent statements to permit them -- tested
with SQL Server. Thanks to Martin Busik!
See odbc_cursortype information in the ODBC POD.

Also:

Change to use dbivport.h per new DBI spec. Use for trace level now. Plan
to use informational errors soon.

Added check in Makefile.PL to detect if the environment variable LANG is
Set. If so, prints a warning about potential makefile generation issues.
(Self note: forgot to include Readme.RH9 in distro, information here)

There have been some reports that Red Hat 9 has build problems. This is
manifested by
build problems and the Makefile generated having lots of issues.

From what I can tell, as I don't have this problem on my RH9 system,
this is mostly due to people setting the LANG environment variable to
something
that is utf8 (again, as far as I can tell). One example is LANG=en_US.utf8.

By simply changing that to LANG=en_US, I have reports that the Makefile
generated works.

If someone has more detail on the LANG setting, please send me a patch to
Readme.RH9 (in the svn distribution, but forgotten in the tarball sent to
CPAN -- sorry)

Enjoy!

Jeff

The uploaded file

DBD-ODBC-1.08.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

file: $CPAN/authors/id/J/JU/JURL/DBD-ODBC-1.08.tar.gz
size: 92118 bytes
md5: 2f0bece1f32dbb47d60af76cf9e3f958

No action is required on your part
Request entered by: JURL (Jeff Urlwin)
Request entered on: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 18:09:27 GMT
Request completed: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 18:09:40 GMT

paused, v460

groupdbi-users @
categoriesperl
postedMar 6, '04 at 6:21p