I am trying to install DBI 1.37 on SunOS 5.8 and Perl 5.8. DBI and
DBD:Oracle install ok, but when I attempt to run a Perl script that uses
DBD:Oracle, I receive the following messages:

ld.so.1: /usr/bin/perl: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/oracle/perl/bin/DBIOracle/81/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-
solaris/auto/DBI/DBI.so: symbol Perl_get_sv: referenced symbol not found
Killed

I saw an entry in the readme file for DBI that says "If you get an error
like "fatal: relocation error: symbol not found: ..." using gcc <3.x then
try not using GNU as or GNU ld on Solaris." I am not sure how to correct
this problem. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ed Borden

groupdbi-users @
categoriesperl
postedMay 23, '03 at 1:21p