I am a new to Perl, actually I am trying to help a DBA.

I have a IBM P690 running AIX 5.1L trying to connect to a Windows 2000
server running SQL server 2000.

I have Perl 5.6.0 running and have installed the DBI-1.32. Here is a copy
of one the error messages that I am getting.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

abryan@uxaxora04:prod : /u04/stage/test >
db_test.pl
Can't locate Win32/ODBC.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/opt/perl5/lib/5.6.0/aix /usr/opt/perl5/lib/5.6.0
/usr/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.6.0/aix /usr/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.6.0
/usr/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl .) at
/usr/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.6.0/aix/DBI/W32ODBC.pm line 50.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.6.0/aix/DBI/W32ODBC.pm line 50.
Compilation failed in require at db_test.pl line 3.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at db_test.pl line 3.

John R. James, Jr.
Unix Engineer
FSG V IADTU
Acxiom, Corporation
(501)-342-0455
Unix Oncall Phone:
(501)450-8684

named above, and may be legally privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
please re-send this communication to the sender and
delete the original message or any copy of it from your
computer system. Thank You.

Search Discussions

  • Mike Nielsen at Mar 13, 2003 at 10:16 pm
    John,

    You won't be able to use the Win32 ODBC library on AIX as it seems from
    the error message that you may be trying to do. You'll need to get an
    AIX compatible ODBC library, of which there are a few around. You may
    want to ask the list for pointers -- I know of unixodbc and myodbc, but
    don't have enough experience with ODBC to make any kind of informed
    recommendation.

    Regards,

    Mike

[...]

    [image]
    [image]
    [image]

    Mike Nielsen
    Ph: +61-411-097-023
    email: miken@bigpond.net.au
  • James John - jrjame at Mar 13, 2003 at 10:16 pm
    Thanks Mike!

    John R. James, Jr.
    Unix Engineer
    FSG V IADTU

[...]