Set up DBD::JDBC to use a (god help me) a Microsoft supplied JDBC driver
for MS SQL Server 2000. Can't seem to get past the error:

install_driver(JDBC) failed: Bareword "SQL_BIGINT" not allowed while
"strict subs" in use at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/DBD/JDBC.pm
line 1028.
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/DBD/JDBC.pm line 1089.

Any ideas on where I went wrong. Thanks, -Marc.

Marc Francoeur
Sr. Database Administrator
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
(816) 395-2674

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email massage and any attachments are for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary,
confidential, trade secret or privileged information. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a
violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient or a person
responsible for delivering this massage to an intended recipient, please
massage.

Search Discussions

  • Jeff Urlwin at Aug 30, 2002 at 5:55 pm
    Recent versions of DBI removed SQL_BIGINT from it's definition as there was
    a conflict between SQL/CLI and ODBC's definition. I suspect you need to
    hack up JDBC.pm to not use it...

    Regards,

    Jeff (who ran into this issue with DBD::ODBC)

    P.S. I take it you want DBD::JDBC due to the thin driver???
    Set up DBD::JDBC to use a (god help me) a Microsoft supplied JDBC driver
    for MS SQL Server 2000. Can't seem to get past the error:

    install_driver(JDBC) failed: Bareword "SQL_BIGINT" not allowed while
    "strict subs" in use at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/DBD/JDBC.pm
    line 1028.
    BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/DBD/JDBC.pm line 1089.

    Any ideas on where I went wrong. Thanks, -Marc.

    Marc Francoeur
    Sr. Database Administrator
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
    (816) 395-2674
  • Tim Bunce at Sep 9, 2002 at 9:35 pm
    SQL_BIGINT is no longer exported by the DBI, try just deleting the two
    lines in JDBC.pm that use it.

    Tim.
[...]

groupdbi-users @
categoriesperl