From: Waldemar Zurowski
Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2002 3:16 PM
To: dbi-users@perl.org
Subject: DBD::Oracle 1.12 (Oracle 8.1.7) on HPUX 11.11

Hello there,
I have a problem with (in)famous installation's problem DBD::Oracle 1.12 on
HPUX 11.11.

What I have done:

I built my own perl with some extra libraries linked into (that is pthread,
cl and java) to avoid linking problems during make test and it worked quite
nice

But - I need all of what I built to run on different HPUX machine. Due to
some (at least to me) odd behaviour of HPUX dynamic linking I got problems
with all Oracle's specific libraries as all of them are in different
installation directory then on build' machine.

So I decided to build static DBD::Oracle and I got another problem. After
make perl I encountered those problems:

1) There is LIBHOME environment in use in Makefile.aperl - what is, and why
is it there?
2) After setting LIBHOME I got:

gcc -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-E -Wl,-B,deferred -o perl -O ./perlmain.o
Oracle.o dbdimp.o oci7.o oci8.o blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.a
/opt/perl-non-thread/lib/5.6.1/PA-RISC2.0/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a
/opt/perl-non-thread/lib/5.6.1/PA-RISC2.0/CORE/libperl.a `cat
blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/extralibs.all` -lcl -lpthread
-L/home/ora817/JRE/lib/PA_RISC/native_threads -ljava -lnsl -lnm -ldld -lm
-lc -lndir -lcrypt -lsec

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
naecta (data)
naectc (data)
naecti (data)
naectn (data)
naeetnu (data)
naeeta (data)
naeetc (data)
naeeti (data)
naeetn (data)
nautab (data)
nautabnum (data)
naeetcu (data)
naeetau (data)

I checked that those symbols are in /home/ora817/lib/libclntst8.a, which is
not mentioned in blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/*.

I am not very familiar with building any Oracle's clients, not I know any
background of LIBHOME variable. What I'd like to do is:
1) Avoid of LIBHOME in any Makefiles?
2) How to insert into libraries libclntst8.a?

Or - as alternative, how to tell to gcc 3.0.4 and HPUX ld, that when
building some dynamic linked binary, that it should use only base name of
objects getting linked?

Thank you in advance,
Waldemar Żurowski

--
o Powiadam Wam, iż straszny czas nastał na ulicach po owym pamiętnym
zaćmieniu Słońca. Albowiem wtedy właśnie uzyskałem prawo jazdy.

groupdbi-users @
categoriesperl
postedApr 8, '02 at 3:09p
activeApr 8, '02 at 3:09p