After days of not resolving this problem, i thought i'd bounce it
off this list:

I get the following error after fetching a couple hundred rows:

(here is from the perl debugger)

DBD::_::st::fetchrow_hashref(/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/sun4-solaris/D
BI.pm:1093):
1093: my $row = $sth->fetch or return undef;
DB<2> s
Out of memory!

Current error prone environment:
Solaris 2.8
Perl 5.6.0

DBD-Informix-1.00.PC1,
DBI 1.4
Informix 7.3 DSA

This worked FINE on:

Solaris 2.6 with
Perl 5.005

DBD-Informix-1.00.PC1,
DBI 1.4
Informix 7.3 DSA

(same user code in each environment)

ulimit is set to unlimited in each system

anybody else seen of know of this?

Thanks,

Greg

Search Discussions

  • Greg Balfanz, CargoTel at Feb 9, 2001 at 12:48 pm
[...]

  • Jonathan Leffler at Feb 13, 2001 at 5:37 am

    "Greg Balfanz, CargoTel" wrote:

[...]

    (a) Please include DBD::Informix in the subject line when asking about Informix --
    such questions get a higher priority from me when I get to see them because I filter
    them separately from the othre DBI messages.

    (b) Are you using the same version of CSDK on both machines? Which versions are you
    using?

    (c) It is probably a bug, possibly induced by the change from Solaris 7 to 8,
    possibly with 64-bit issues as well. Whether the bug is in DBD::Informix or CSDK is
    hard to say at this stage; I don't have enough information from you.

    (d) Please send a full bug report per the documentation, along with a test case that
    shows the problem, to the dbd-informix@informix.com mailing list. You can copy this
    list too -- the people on this list would probably need the same information as I do
    to be able to help much.

    (e) Are blobs involved, by any chance?

    --
    Jonathan Leffler (jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@informix.com)