(yay!), version 1.45_00 of DBD::Oracle has been promoted to general use
And because some contributors have been very busy in the meantime, the
next trial version, v1.47_00, is also already on its way to CPAN. This
new version offers a few bug fixes (more details in the changelog
excerpt below), as well as a rework of the platform-specific
troubleshooting guides as POD documents. As usual, it’ll be left around
for a minimum of two weeks before it gets promoted to v1.48.
So... everybody: enjoy. Testers: you know what to do. :-)
== CHANGELOG ==
- fixed redeclaration of $len in 31lob.t - (Martin J, Evans)
- RT55028 - stop segfaulting when attempting to read empty lobs
(Martin J. Evans)
- RT69059 - Despite OCIPing being documented as added in 10.2 AIX
does not seem to have it in 10.2 leading to undefined symbol -
Martin J. Evans
- Promoted the troubleshooting for the different architectures to
POD documents, for easier/prettier access.
- Added a troubleshooting entry for RT71819 - bound output
parameters may be returned in the wrong order (Martin J. Evans)
- promote 1.45_00 to official release
[CHANGE IN BEHAVIOUR]
- In future versions of DBD::Oracle ora_verbose will be changed
so that it is simply a switch to turn DBI's DBD tracing on or off.
A true value will turn it on and a false value will turn it off.
DBI's "DBD" tracing was not available when ora_verbose was created
and ora_verbose adds an additional test to every trace test.
- Fixed RT76695 - offset passed to ora_fetch_scroll should not affect
normal fetches (Martin J. Evans)
- Fixed RT76410 - fetch after fetch absolute always returns
the same row (Martin J. Evans);
- Fixed RT75721 - does not build with Oracle 9.2 (Martin J. Evans)
- Fixed RT71343 - Oracle 9i does not have OCI_ATTR_TAF_ENABLED
or OCI_ATTR_RESERVED_15/16 so cannot build (Martin J. Evans)
- skip 24implicit_utf8.t if chr set is not UTF-8 (Martin J. Evans)
- Fixed RT76269 - ora_taf_sleep was documented as taf_sleep by
accident. There was no way to stop the TAF reconnect attempts.
If you want to try another connect attempt in your taf handler you
now need to return OCI_FO_RETRY from it. (Martin J. Evans)
- minor change to confusing debug output for input parameters
(Martin J. Evans)
- RT72989 - add note to trouble shooting guide re this RT and
Module::Runtime (Martin J. Evans)
Yanick Champoux, Senior Perl Developer
The Pythian Group - love your data
Try Pythian managed services risk-free for operational support,
upgrades/migrations, special projects or increased performance.