I have put together a *BETA* release of DBD::mysql, and I would like to
get some feedback esp. WRT any breakage/bugs. If things look good I will
go ahead and release this as 2.1027.
The tarball is here:
List of Changes:
* Updated type_info_all() to be more inline with
what DBD::ODBC returns.
* Added attribute 'auto_reconnect' that allows the auto reconnect
behaviour to be toggled. Right now this attribute defaults to
ON for backward compatibility; however, the default behaviour
may change so that auto_reconnect only defaults to on
in a mod_perl env.
* Fixed a segfault with failed reconnects that were trapped in an
eval. The next tine DBD::mysql tried to reconnect, the process
* Added statistics attribute, 'mysql_dbd_stats' which returns
a hashref that contains 2 keys 'auto_reconnects' and
* Fixed bug where strings that were used in numeric
context were not getting quoted on execute(). Now all
parameters are bound as varchar by default.
**NOTE** this is a chage in behaviour that MAY cause problems
with some SQL statements. If quoted integers causes any
use bind_param(<column_id>, SQL_INTEGER) to force
to be bound as an integer.
* Added get_info() method. See 'perldoc DBI' for more info
* Added column_info(). See 'perldoc DBI' for more info [Tim Bunce]