Hi there,

I came across the following error while trying to install DBD:Pg. My OS is:
Windows 2003; DBD version is: DBD-Pg-2.17.1; Postgres v8.4.

Z:\DBD-Pg-2.17.1>perl -v

Copyright 1987-2009, Larry Wall

Binary build 1007 [291969] provided by ActiveState http://www.ActiveState.com
Built Jan 26 2010 23:15:11

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl". If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.

Z:\DBD-Pg-2.17.1>perl Makefile.PL
Set up gcc environment - 3.4.5 (mingw-vista special r3)
Configuring DBD::Pg 2.17.1
PostgreSQL version: 80404 (default port: 5432)
POSTGRES_HOME: (not set)
POSTGRES_INCLUDE: C:/PROGRA~1/POSTGR~1/8.4/include
POSTGRES_LIB: C:/PROGRA~1/POSTGR~1/8.4/lib
OS: MSWin32
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lpq
Using DBI 1.609 (for perl 5.010001 on MSWin32-x86-multi-thread) installed in C:/
Perl/lib/auto/DBI/
Writing Makefile for DBD::Pg

WARNING! No libpq libraries were detected!

You need to install the postgresql-libs package for your system,

or set the POSTGRES_LIB environment variable to the correct place.

Removing (Makefile)

I have searched through the web and cannot find a solution for it.

Thanks and regards,
Khong

groupdbd-pg @
categoriesperl