My host provider "Media Layer" is telling me they can not install the
dbd::pg module because they do not support postgresql and it is looking
for the database on that server. I have a server for the database at my
location and want to run "RT" from my host. Is this true or can it be
installed without the database in place?
Thank You In Advance,
Andrew Colombino
Noblemen Group LLC

Search Discussions

  • Andrew Dunstan at Sep 4, 2009 at 11:58 am

    Central/HQ wrote:
    My host provider "Media Layer" is telling me they can not install the
    dbd::pg module because they do not support postgresql and it is
    looking for the database on that server. I have a server for the
    database at my location and want to run "RT" from my host. Is this
    true or can it be installed without the database in place?
    Thank You In Advance,
    Andrew Colombino
    Noblemen Group LLC

    At the very least they would need to have the libpq client library
    installed.Shouldn't need anything else AFAIK.

    cheers

    andrew
  • Greg Sabino Mullane at Sep 4, 2009 at 6:41 pm

    My host provider "Media Layer" is telling me they can not install the
    dbd::pg module because they do not support postgresql and it is looking
    for the database on that server. I have a server for the database at my
    location and want to run "RT" from my host. Is this true or can it be
    installed without the database in place?
    You need at least the libpq libraries, usually in the package postgresql-devel.

    Note that if by RT you mean RequestTracker, it has an *insane* number
    of dependencies, so you may want to reconsider installing it on a
    shared host you don't have direct control over.

    - --
    Greg Sabino Mullane greg@turnstep.com
    PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 200909041440

groupdbd-pg @