I'm having problems building (actually running successful tests) DBD::Pg
on AIX 5.3. I have used/do currently use DBD::Pg with AIX 4.3, apache
1.3, mod_perl & perl 5.8.0 without problem. I've read the README and
done plenty of 'googling' but to no avail.

The set up I'm having trouble with is;

AIX 5.3
apache-2.2.10
perl 5.10.0 (built with threads)
mod_perl-2.0.4
DBI-1.6.07
DBD-Pg-2.11.2
postgresql-8.3.4

Apart from AIX (obviously), all above built with gcc-4.2.0.

The output from gmake test is;

# gmake test
PGINITDB="/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb" PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/00-signature......skipped
all skipped: Set the environment variable TEST_SIGNATURE to enable this test
t/00basic...........ok
t/01connect.........dubious
Test returned status -1 (wstat 11, 0xb)
t/01constants.......ok
t/02attribs.........dubious
Test returned status -1 (wstat 11, 0xb)
t/03dbmethod........dubious
Test returned status -1 (wstat 11, 0xb)
t/03smethod.........dubious
Test returned status -1 (wstat 11, 0xb)
t/04misc............dubious
Test returned status -1 (wstat 11, 0xb)
t/06bytea...........dubious
Test returned status -1 (wstat 11, 0xb)
t/07copy............dubious
Test returned status -1 (wstat 11, 0xb)
t/08async...........dubious
Test returned status -1 (wstat 11, 0xb)
t/09arrays..........dubious
Test returned status -1 (wstat 11, 0xb)
t/12placeholders....dubious
Test returned status -1 (wstat 11, 0xb)
t/20savepoints......dubious
Test returned status -1 (wstat 11, 0xb)
t/99_perlcritic.....skipped
all skipped: Set the environment variable TEST_CRITIC to enable this test
t/99_pod............skipped
all skipped: Set the environment variable TEST_AUTHOR to enable this test
t/99_spellcheck.....skipped
all skipped: Set the environment variable TEST_SPELL to enable this test
t/99_yaml...........ok
2/2 skipped: various reasons
t/99cleanup.........dubious
Test returned status -1 (wstat 11, 0xb)
DIED. FAILED test 1
Failed 1/1 tests, 0.00% okay
Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail List of Failed
t/01connect.t -1 11 ?? ?? ??
t/02attribs.t -1 11 ?? ?? ??
t/03dbmethod.t -1 11 ?? ?? ??
t/03smethod.t -1 11 ?? ?? ??
t/04misc.t -1 11 ?? ?? ??
t/06bytea.t -1 11 ?? ?? ??
t/07copy.t -1 11 ?? ?? ??
t/08async.t -1 11 ?? ?? ??
t/09arrays.t -1 11 ?? ?? ??
t/12placeholders.t -1 11 ?? ?? ??
t/20savepoints.t -1 11 ?? ?? ??
t/99cleanup.t -1 11 1 2 1
4 tests and 2 subtests skipped.
Failed 12/19 test scripts. 1/139 subtests failed.
Files=19, Tests=139, 12 wallclock secs ( 6.82 cusr + 2.13 csys = 8.95 CPU)
Failed 12/19 test programs. 1/139 subtests failed.
gmake: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255

Any help or pointers as to where I should be looking appreciated.

Regards,
Mike.

--
Michael Howard mike at dewberryfields dot co dot uk
Lancashire

Search Discussions

  • Greg Sabino Mullane at Oct 24, 2008 at 8:54 pm

    I'm having problems building (actually running successful tests) DBD::Pg
    on AIX 5.3.
    Try this:

    prove --blib . -v t/01connect.t

    - --
    Greg Sabino Mullane greg@turnstep.com
    PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 200810241652
  • Michael Howard at Oct 26, 2008 at 10:13 am

    Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

    Hi,

    UI've run the test as you suggested, output as follows;

    # prove --blib . -v t/01connect.t
    t/01connect....dubious
    Test returned status -1 (wstat 11, 0xb)
    FAILED--1 test script could be run, alas--no output ever seen

    Any pointers?

    Mike.

    --
    Michael Howard mike at dewberryfields dot co dot uk
    Lancashire
    England
  • Greg Sabino Mullane at Oct 26, 2008 at 1:12 pm

    I've run the test as you suggested, output as follows;
    # prove --blib . -v t/01connect.t
    t/01connect....dubious
    Test returned status -1 (wstat 11, 0xb)
    FAILED--1 test script could be run, alas--no output ever seen

    Any pointers?
    Very hard to diagnose at a distance. Maybe try peppering the 01connect.t
    script with warn statements to see how far it gets and at what point
    it bails. You might also try putting some exit calls in if that doesn't
    work. Also check for the exitense of a core file. Any details of your
    system will help too, so that other people may try to duplicate:

    - - specific version of AIX
    - - version of DBI
    - - version of Perl
    - - version of DBD::Pg
    - - any warnings given when you run 'perl Makefile.PL'

    - --
    Greg Sabino Mullane greg@turnstep.com
    PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 200810260911

groupdbd-pg @