Although not a DateTime module, this module has already
been announced on the DateTime mailing list, so here it is.

I have released the 0.94 version of Astro::Sunrise last
Tuesday. It follows the 0.93 version, released last week,
but plagued with minor yet embarassing errors (such as
the one reported in
https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=102621 ).

My thanks to the people who have helped me, especially
Slaven Rezić and Gabor Szabo.

The ticket https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=62593
(sun_rise/set return wrong values on days with DST change)
has been solved.

Other issues common with versions < 0.0503 of
DateTime::Event::Sunrise have been dealt with
(the tickets refer to the DT::E::SR queue):

-- https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=77710
Rename "iterate" to "exact" or "precise"
(in the case of Astro::Sunrise, it was rather:
"use a named parameter scheme when calling functions
and use 'precise' among other keywords").

-- https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=91783
DateTime::Event::Sunrise carps to stderr during the polar
day or night. With Astro::Sunrise, you can select either
warnings or special return values "day" and "night"
instead of times such as "07:15" and "21:17".

-- The "upper limb correction" is no longer mandatory.
It is specified as a new parameter.

Remaining issues:

-- There was a glitch in the "Changes" file: the date for version 0.94
is missing.

-- As always, there is room for improvement in the POD documentation.

-- Similarly, parameter checking can be improved.

-- Lastly, I need to double-check the "precise" algorithm and maybe
streamline it.

Jean Forget
co-maintainer of Astro::Sunrise and DateTime::Event::Sunrise

groupdatetime @
categoriesperl
postedMar 12, '15 at 8:22p
activeMar 12, '15 at 8:22p