Le Mer 01 Jan 2014 23:00:22, lars.nooden@gmail.com a écrit :
On 01/01/2014 11:51 PM, Jean Forget via RT wrote:
I have told about this problem in the 0.0503 announce message:
http://grokbase.com/t/perl/datetime/13ajdqx1sq/announce-datetime-
event-sunrise-0-0503-and-possible-evolution-for-0-0504
but I was warnocked. I prefer solution 1, that is, create a
"sun_does_rise" method and a "sun_does_set" method.
You will have to call these methods and check their
return values before calling the usual method.

Now, what I need is a few round tuits and code and release version
0.0504.
In the meantime, you can apply the quick and dirty method you
suggested.

And by the way, happy new year Lars (and other rt.cpan.org users).

Jean Forget
Thanks. And happy new year, too.

The methods in solution #1 or #2 sound useful. They would solve
another
task that I normally have to work out in the code of the main program.
I Am Not An Astronomer, but maybe the method names could be
"polar_night" and "polar_day". That way it would not be so confusing
when they return true or false.

Regards,
/Lars
I finally gathered enough tuits to release the 0.0504 version.
This version includes new methods "is_polar_day", "is_polar_night" and "is_day_and_night".
You have also a new parameter for the "new" method: "silent", which suppresses
the "never sets/rises" warnings.

groupdatetime @
categoriesperl
postedJul 25, '14 at 5:26a