Anyone who knows how to convert date-strings from different timezones to
UTC/GMT - with correct summertime saving?

Are there any perl modules to do this?

Thanks a lot

--Florian

Search Discussions

  • Derek Balling at Aug 18, 2001 at 12:58 am
    I've got REALLY crappy code that does this at the moment that will
    only work on a UNIX system. Basically it's a wrapper around setting
    the ENV{TZ}, and doing the localtime/timelocal/gmtime/timegm calls as
    appropriate.

    If there's really interest in this, IMHO, crummy way of doing it,
    I'll put it up somewhere. It's not CPAN-worthy, IMHO, but if someone
    convinces me that it IS useful, I might reconsider that.

    Attachment converted: Derek's Laptop:Untitled 1 (????/----) (0016DC60)

    --
    +---------------------+-----------------------------------------+
    dredd@megacity.org | "Conan! What is best in life?" |

    I've got REALLY crappy code that does this at the moment that will
    only work on a UNIX system. Basically it's a wrapper around setting
    the ENV{TZ}, and doing the localtime/timelocal/gmtime/timegm calls as
    appropriate.
    Already wrote something like this by my own... *grin*
    Anyway, it's indeet a really crappy, slow, UNIX-only workaround...

    --Florian
  • Kirrily Robert at Aug 21, 2001 at 2:23 am

    Anyone who knows how to convert date-strings from different timezones to
    UTC/GMT - with correct summertime saving?

    Are there any perl modules to do this?=20
    Time::Zone, in theory. Dunno how well it works yet, though.

    K.

    --
    Kirrily 'Skud' Robert - skud@infotrope.net - http://infotrope.net/

groupdatetime @