From: Charles Hamilton <chamilton@dyercpa.com>
Date: Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 3:49 PM
Subject: Re: [perl #99212] Breech of personal information on CPAN
To: search-rt@cpan.org
Cc: modules@perl.org, gdyer@dyercpa.com

Graham,

I really appreciate your help; I've found a few more copies of the
file(s) that need to be removed:

http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/LEOCHARRE/PDF-OCR2-1.10/t/problemdocs/problemdyerfile.pdf

http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/LEOCHARRE/PDF-OCR2-1.09/t/leodocs/tuition.pdf

http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/LEOCHARRE/PDF-OCR2-1.19/t/leodocs/tuition.pdf

http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/LEOCHARRE/PDF-OCR2-1.20/t/leodocs/tuition.pdf

I cannot thank you enough for helping us get this stuff taken care of.

-c

On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 09:22 -0700, Graham Barr via RT wrote:
I can, and have, removed the files served by cpansearch.perl.org, but the distributions that contain the files will also need to be removed from that users account.

as CPAN gets mirrored all around finding all places it may exist may be difficult.

the source of all CPAN is PAUSE. contacting modules@perl.org for removal will get it removed from sites which faithfully mirror with deletes.

once deleted from pause, there are 2 places I know of that mirror without deletes. One is backpan.perl.org, which I can arrange to have them removed from. The other I think is metacpan.org that you will need to contact.

but it needs to be removed from pause first as anywhere that manually removes it will have it reappear the next time the mirror software runs.

Graham.

groupcpan-workers @
categoriesperl
postedSep 16, '11 at 10:42a